PRoSPx

Daniel Straily 2013 Outlook

Don't own him, haven't read through the hype thread, however, Parker looks like a high school pitcher this year. It's time for the A's to swap them.

Over or Under?

8.5 days until they announce Straily's call up.

Under

RHP Dan Straily in OAK. #Athletics say Straily will be activated tomorrow, Brett Anderson will skip a rotation turn.

• Like 3

Over or Under?

8.5 days until they announce Straily's call up.

Under

RHP Dan Straily in OAK. #Athletics say Straily will be activated tomorrow, Brett Anderson will skip a rotation turn.

From opening day starter, to skipped in 3 weeks. #bustmode.

I'm taking a flier. Need another SP to have a chance to win my league.

Hoping he sticks between Anderson skipping a turn and Parker/Griffin's recent struggles

Just pounced on him and dropped Parker (for the 2nd time)...he's to Brett Anderson being B.A. And the struggles of others...

Sounds like Anderson is just skipping a turn. So he will be back in the rotation. If Straily dominates, and Parker or Griffin get shelled again in the next turn then Straily may stick. If Straily doesn't fare well against the Angels and Parker and Griffin do well he will probably go back to the minors after 1 turn.

such a tough decision on straily in weekly leagues. the upside is two starts if he sticks in the rotation and a ton of K's, or he could have a rough outing monday, and not get the 2nd start. what to do, what to do?

i guess when the alternative is e.jackson's 2 starts, might as well roll the dice.

• Like 1

Guest zubaz4fans

Not like he's been doing terrible at AAA while he waits. Hope that continues exactly.

Down at Sacramento, Straily has gone 3-0 over three starts with two earned runs allowed over 18 2/3 innings with 20 Ks.

I would really like to get a double-start out of him next week. What do put the odds at that happening?

I would really like to get a double-start out of him next week. What do put the odds at that happening?

Almost none. He's expected to be sent back down after the game.

This is just a gut feeling, but I think if he pitches really well tomorrow the As are gonna find room for him in the rotation somehow, whether it be placing Anderson on the DL or demoting Parker or Griffin. Having 3 starters who have a not insubstantial chance of being hammered is just too taxing on the bullpen, not to mention the manager's nerves.

Bitter Anderson owners need not apply....

Just scoooped him up....all aboard the straily train...choo choo

all

This is just a gut feeling, but I think if he pitches really well tomorrow the As are gonna find room for him in the rotation somehow, whether it be placing Anderson on the DL or demoting Parker or Griffin. Having 3 starters who have a not insubstantial chance of being hammered is just too taxing on the bullpen, not to mention the manager's nerves.

griffin is not going to be demoted (yet). a 4.65 ERA with a 1.26 WHIP, and only 3 bad innings of 31, is not nearly enough to warrant a demotion.

anderson's injury looks more like a 'lets give him some time to think about things' more than an actual injury. best bet is parker gets shelled again soon, and straily pitches well tmrw. both real possibilities.

Edited by MiggyRunsTings

The 2nd start would be at the Yankees Stadium

Yankees are terrible vs lefties. As will start anderson this weekend without question imo

Bitter Anderson owners need not apply....

Just scoooped him up....all aboard the straily train...choo choo

That's from the A's pregame show today. Straily won't be activated until tomorrow, then sent down after the game. Anderson is being skipped, not dl'd. If Straily pitched really well I could see them considering doing something with Parker, but I'd still put his chances at slim to none.

I assume he'll be on an innings limit anyways?

He pitched about a 195 innings last year so I wouldn't think so. I think at some point with either injury or inacfectiveness he'll get his opportunity to stick in the rotation. A wildcard scenario could be him or Griffen getting traded and then moving Sonny Gray into the role of being next in line at AAA.

Edited by mcbane