PRoSPx

Daniel Straily 2013 Outlook

Guess we will find out whether all this chatter and hype was worth it tomorrow!

I'm throwing him out there tomorrow, as I've been waiting patiently for his next shot. I have a little hesitation though, as the Angels torched him last year to the tune of 6 HRs in 2 games (4 were at home). And he has yet to have success at the O,

However, that is a small sample size, and the meat of the Angels bats (except Crackilton) are all righties. I'm hoping he's fueled and fired up to give Oakland every reason NOT to send him back to Sac-town.

You know...my other legit choices are Colon, Zito, CJ, and obviously Anderson. I'd start Colon but right handers in the sandlot-sized Yankee stadium make me nervous...so I think I'm rolling with Straily this week and hoping for the best as my #7 starter.

they need to get rid of colon and let this dude pitch.

Yeah they should get rid of their best pitcher so far this year
  • Like 1

Soooo tempted to pick him up. I am just afraid that he won't be there to stay. I think the A's area being extra very very careful with The Straily.

They should send Parker down to AAA to let him figure things out if Straily impresses tonight... haven't picked him up yet but I'll be watching tonight and I'll pick him up if he looks good.

They should send Parker down to AAA to let him figure things out if Straily impresses tonight... haven't picked him up yet but I'll be watching tonight and I'll pick him up if he looks good.

Parker pitches Tuesday so this is very possible if he stinks up the joint again

What's wrong with Colon? He's been the model of consistency. Underrated.

Actually...nothing wrong with Colon at all, as I am VERY happy overall with his performance on my roster this year, no doubt. However, I just don't like this weeks matchup in Yankee Stadium. If he was a lefty maybe because the Yankees aren't strong against lefties...but a righty who pounds the strike zone in a tiny stadium? Not interested.

Edited by Damn Yankee

I picked him up to stream with the Parker situation in mind. May stick on the roster by week's end.

I picked him up to stream with the Parker situation in mind. May stick on the roster by week's end.

I did the same. I have Parker and I picked up DS for ML spot. Now I have a decision to make. Parker is my 1st drop. I'm kind of hoping lineups lock before they take away M status from DS so I can see what he does and Parker does without dropping someone.

@Damn Yankee I was taking to the guy below you. Read the ridiculous comment he made.

But yeah, I agree with you, Straily vs. ANA > Colon @ NYY.

Cool beans....I'm second guessing myself because Colon did so well in Boston last week which wasn't really expected. I'm sticking with Straily and a sacrifice to the BB Gods.

Soooo tempted to pick him up. I am just afraid that he won't be there to stay. I think the A's area being extra very very careful with The Straily.

How could you not?

At least get 1 start out of him.... Sure he probably gets sent back down soon after, but you can get 1 or 2 starts out of him with the chance that he stays up. He has the kind of upside that makes it so worth it.

If he is really good tonight at what point are we in grievance territory ala Liriano? Something the A's are thinking about?

How long do they need him down to gain the year of service time?

I don't think that's part of the discussion anymore. I think it hinges more on Anderson's health, and then Parker and Griffens performance.

I don't think that's part of the discussion anymore. I think it hinges more on Anderson's health, and then Parker and Griffens performance.

I think we can safely say that Parker sucks

Hanson used to give me gut feelings resembling IBS back when I owned him.

I think we can safely say that Parker sucks

Beane seems willing to give him some more time to "figure things out". Parker has been bad by anyone's assesment, but his stuff is still there. I think if he had a big velocity dip it'd be a different discussion. I would imagine though if Straily is good again, and Parker isn't, it would force Beane's hand.

Edited by mcbane

V. LAA ( & possibly @NYY if he gets a 2nd start) for a guy who has had HR issues? I like Straily but I'll pass. Risk/reward not great. Maybe next week.

Have him in my NA spot and won't be activating him tonight (nobody to drop at the moment) - - looking forward to watching him later.

V. LAA ( & possibly @NYY if he gets a 2nd start) for a guy who has had HR issues? I like Straily but I'll pass. Risk/reward not great. Maybe next week.

The Angels suck. Why not start him..He'll get at least 2 k's from Trout and 2 more from Hamilton.