Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaGetTheWin

2013 Rookie Class

114 posts in this topic

What do you guys think this rookie class will bring to the table. Last year we got RG3, Luck, Alf, Trent, Doug Martin...ect... All immediate fantasy studs as well as other guys who are fantasy starters in a lot of leagues.

This year we might not be so lucky. The first round projects to be a TON of defensive players so IDP leagues might rejoice but most leagues won't be enjoying the early round. It would see that Geno Smith is the top offensive prospect in the draft but he is no RG3/Cam. After that it gets real murky.

Matt Barkley

Justin Hunter

Giovani Bernard

DeAndre Hawkins

Really can be anyones game and honestly I don't think Geno Smith is a #1 pick but necessity could cause KC to go that way.

Who do you see as the top offensive rookies, when will they get picked, and will they have an impact?

I want to see where tavon Austin ends up

Interesting name to bring up. Where do you think his future lies? Can he be a slot guy like Welker or maybe even a receiver out of the backfield like Sproles?

I'll be drafting Geno for giggles and see what I can get for him, my leaguemates are suckers for the black QBs.

But I don't expect any rookie to ever be as valuable as the rookies this year were.

If KC does draft Geno they would be very smart to follow that pick by taking Stedman Bailey. I imagine both could be had with their first and second round picks.

We're coming off the best fantasy rookie season in a long time if not ever so any comparisons to next year will likely be bleak.

What do you guys think this rookie class will bring to the table. Last year we got RG3, Luck, Alf, Trent, Doug Martin...ect... All immediate fantasy studs as well as other guys who are fantasy starters in a lot of leagues.

This year we might not be so lucky. The first round projects to be a TON of defensive players so IDP leagues might rejoice but most leagues won't be enjoying the early round. It would see that Geno Smith is the top offensive prospect in the draft but he is no RG3/Cam. After that it gets real murky.

Matt Barkley

Justin Hunter

Giovani Bernard

DeAndre Hawkins

Really can be anyones game and honestly I don't think Geno Smith is a #1 pick but necessity could cause KC to go that way.

Who do you see as the top offensive rookies, when will they get picked, and will they have an impact?

A lot of it with rookies is about opportunity and setting so it will be interesting to see where a lot of these guys land. Its a pretty weak offensive draft class.

1 person likes this

I like Bernard. I had a man crush on Marcus Lattimore before the injury. Too bad. He has crazy potential.

If KC does draft Geno they would be very smart to follow that pick by taking Stedman Bailey. I imagine both could be had with their first and second round picks.

We're coming off the best fantasy rookie season in a long time if not ever so any comparisons to next year will likely be bleak.

Word. Last year's class was once in a decade potentially. There's some decent WR talent, but I'm out on the QBs. RBs are just a commodity that could prosper in the right system i.e. Alf.

Interesting name to bring up. Where do you think his future lies? Can he be a slot guy like Welker or maybe even a receiver out of the backfield like Sproles?

Dane Brugler has been mocking Austin to the Patriots to take over the Welker role. If that happens I'd strongly consider him 1.01 in dyno rookie drafts.

Edit: if Lache Seastrunk comes out that's the guy to target.

Tavon Austin is definitely an interesting one. Unofficially, he's a bit taller than McCluster and a bit shorter than Harvin - the two he's been compared to the most. It's safe to assume the "experts" are going to knock him for his size, but as a WVU fan, my God is he talented and fast as all hell.

The guy was averaging around 11 receptions all season until they needed him to run the rock. In his first game doing so, he ran for 344 against a 10-2 Oklahoma squad while only catching a measly 82 yards - can't forget the 146 return yards either. College football stats need to be taken with a grain of salt, but damn. Not like Oklahoma is a pushover.

I wonder what Denard Robinson might bring to the league as a RB. He looked real good in Michigans bowl game and could make some interesting jumps in the draft depending on how he does in the senior bowl and combine. Could jump up to a mid round pick in this garbage that is the offensive players in the draft if he shows good.

two words: ROBERT WOODS

Can't get overly excited about a guy who was so clearly inferior to a teammate at the same position. Hyped coming into the season, but I didn't really see it watching USC.

Can't get overly excited about a guy who was so clearly inferior to a teammate at the same position. Hyped coming into the season, but I didn't really see it watching USC.

Was he inferior or is Marquise Lee just that good? Woods will be a solid wr2 in 2 years

Was he inferior or is Marquise Lee just that good? Woods will be a solid wr2 in 2 years

Most WR's in the NCAA are inferior to Lee, but Woods was just completely overshadowed for the most part this year. Has the potential to be a solid pro, but not a guy I'm looking to as an elite guy to be taking in a rookie draft.

Woods future will probably be decided by where he lands. He was looking great until the injury. He was clearly outplayed by Lee this year but I still think he could be a guy that excels if he lands in a place like Houston, Buffalo, San Fran. Anywhere with a team that needs a complimentary receiver.

Woods future will probably be decided by where he lands. He was looking great until the injury. He was clearly outplayed by Lee this year but I still think he could be a guy that excels if he lands in a place like Houston, Buffalo, San Fran. Anywhere with a team that needs a complimentary receiver.

Arizona perhaps, playing in the slot

No clue where ends up, but he has the most 'fantasy' potential of anyone in this class.

There is this one WR that i really like, although i have no clue what the general impression of him is among the draft 'experts'...

1 person likes this

No clue where ends up, but he has the most 'fantasy' potential of anyone in this class.

There is this one WR that i really like, although i have no clue what the general impression of him is among the draft 'experts'...

his cuts are insane o.0

Wow... his running ability is crazy. I dont know what his size is but he looks at least 6' 2". I dont care what the experts think of him because he looks great. Very impressed.. def keeping an eye on this kid.

I honestly don't think he gets drafted. If he does then its probably a late round pick. Too injury prone to play RB.

I wonder what Denard Robinson might bring to the league as a RB. He looked real good in Michigans bowl game and could make some interesting jumps in the draft depending on how he does in the senior bowl and combine. Could jump up to a mid round pick in this garbage that is the offensive players in the draft if he shows good.

I honestly don't think he gets drafted. If he does then its probably a late round pick. Too injury prone to play RB.

Really? I'm not saying your wrong but I feel like with the state of the RB situation in the league it would be hard pressed to not take a shot on him. Again this is depending how he shows at the combine, senior bowl, and Michigan Pro Day. If he shows the elusivness hes been showing someone will at least look at him. Add the fact that he can throw the ball maybe 1 or 2 times every few weeks out of the wildcat formation just adds to the pot of what he can bring to a team as a backup rb.

Is Ball entering the draft?