Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYSportsfan24

2013 World Baseball Classic

13 posts in this topic

How does the WBC affect your draft plans, if at all?

Is players in these games more at risk than injury to reguar S.T. game or does it really not matter too much at all?

Doesnt matter much especially cause most of the players half a** the competition and never play 100% balls out for the fear of injury. At least thats what I have noticed.

Is players in these games more at risk than injury to reguar S.T. game or does it really not matter too much at all?

Not really much of anything, they are substituting playing in the WBC instead of spring training games. I agree pitching might be an issue if you think they are pitching more than they would in spring, but with how much teams have invested in these guys, Im sure most of everything is pre-scripted.

I can't wait for the world baseball classic to start! -said no one ever

don't get hurt!

Exactly.

But generally I use it to watch young and unproven players as well as guys coming back from injuries.

Anyone have any actual statistics on the effect of WBC on players? I can't find anything. My thoughts would be if you are between two pitchers to the point you think it is a coinflip, go with the one not in the WBC if that is a factor. I think conventional wisdom would be that pitchers are more affected than hitters by this, but it's questionable if the WBC has much of an effect at all. I could only find articles from 2009, like this one http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123686848105107649.html . Anyone have anything more recent?

I won't be drafting a single pitcher that participates.

The WBC is back in 2013. While rosters haven't been announced as of yet they usually include alot of very popular and important fantasy assets. In the case of pitchers they have had negative impacts on performance early in the season. Thought I'd make a thread for people to contribute rumors and annoucements regarding which players will be participating this spring. Along with discussion on whether this will have an impact on peoples rankings going into drafts. Particularly the leagues with early draft dates.

this is a waste of time. just let the hispanic countries play because even the pro japanese players dont want to play.