Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NyMetsfan5

2012-2013 Sacramento Kings Season Thread

88 posts in this topic

This team is so talented and if Cousins can keep this up, call me crazy but i actually think they can make a playoff run and grab the 8th spot in the west. Only 5 games out. Watch out for the kings

1 person likes this

Is this serious?

you see the talent on this roster? if cousins can continue this torrid pace, i can see them nabbing the 8th seed. When Isiah Thomas is playing with Cousins its one of the best combos in the league. Dont sleep on the Kings

Is this serious?

you see the talent on this roster? if cousins can continue this torrid pace, i can see them nabbing the 8th seed. When Isiah Thomas is playing with Cousins its one of the best combos in the league. Dont sleep on the Kings

They got talent they're just not a good team. They play a bunch of one on one ball. IT2 and cousins are a nice tandem but smart has a man crush on brooks. No chance they make the playoffs in the west. This isn't the east teams aren't gonna be making the playoffs with a under 500 record

Once Tyreke Evans returns, they'll be in an even more mess. The team really needs to throw the UNSMART one out if they want some positive change.

Is this serious?

The pieces just don't fit together, their defense is terrible and they have too many players who need the ball in their hands to be effective, not to mention they are pretty poorly coached.

Deal is being finalized to sell the team to Seattle group.

Sorry Kings fans, congrats Supersonics and welcome back.

Seattle fans deserve better than that team of me-first chuckers.

As a Seattle resident I hate to get a team this way. Although it is a different situation than Sonics to OKC I still wish we were getting a team from scratch.

I don't want the Kings to become Sonics. I would like for them to keep the name Kings or start with a new name in general. My favorite team of all time will be Bibby, Christie, Peja, Webber, Divac and Bobby J off the bench. The match between them and Lakers in the playoffs was legendary.

Who cares!!! The I5 Rivalry is BACK!! I got my Payton jersey on, b$#@!es!

As a Seattle resident I hate to get a team this way. Although it is a different situation than Sonics to OKC I still wish we were getting a team from scratch.

I don't want the Kings to become Sonics. I would like for them to keep the name Kings or start with a new name in general. My favorite team of all time will be Bibby, Christie, Peja, Webber, Divac and Bobby J off the bench. The match between them and Lakers in the playoffs was legendary.

You're right. My first reaction was to be elated, but then I remembered how much it sucked when the Sonics were stolen away to OKC. That was a huge black eye for the NBA. Sacramento has been a good NBA city, and the Kings had some great years (arguably, they had a title shot stolen from them, depending on who you believe).

Bittersweet.

1 person likes this

You're right. My first reaction was to be elated, but then I remembered how much it sucked when the Sonics were stolen away to OKC. That was a huge black eye for the NBA. Sacramento has been a good NBA city, and the Kings had some great years (arguably, they had a title shot stolen from them, depending on who you believe).

Bittersweet.

That's why I feel it would show a lot of respect to keep their name. But if not, a new name from scratch.

I started a new thread for this instead of keeping it in the thread discussing the current King's roster since they seemed like separate topics to me. What do you all think about this?? I, for one, am somewhere between indifferent and happy since the Sonics were my 2nd favorite team to the Nets in grade school but I'm sure there are some po'd Northern Cali residents out there. Discuss.

I hope the Maloofs are removed from the equation and the team relocates to Seattle.

Maybe the new owners have money to fire Keith Smart and give Isaiah Thomas as many minutes as he can handle?

Interesting.

I do wonder if they will call the team the Sonics or stick with Kings.

The good news is that Isaiah Thomas is a native Seattle boy.

First thing they need to do is fire Keith Smart and hire Seattle Sonic legend Nate MacMillan to coach the team!

and yes it does suck that Seattle acquired a team from Sacramento.

I wish it would've been from scratch.

I also wish the Kings would've relocated to Anaheim like they hoped to last year. Now I feel bad that Mayor Kevin Johnson went out of his way to keep the team in Sacramento.

Nate would be a good pic. I say trade Cousins to LA and sign Howard. The center piece in a city who NOW loves their players and teams