Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRoSPx

Jarrod Parker 2013 Outlook

523 posts in this topic

This 24 year old has a bright future.

The former 9th overall pick looked very good last season. As his recovery from Tommy John Surgery which cost him the 2010 season apparently has gone very well.

My only concern is, was the inning increase from 2011 to 2012 too much for him? He only threw 136.33 innings in 2011 while he threw 202 combined innings (AAA and the MLB) last year.

My only concern is, was the inning increase from 2011 to 2012 too much for him? He only threw 136.33 innings in 2011 while he threw 202 combined innings (AAA and the MLB) last year.

Generally especially with young pitchers a 30 inning increase is in order year to year. This was over a 65 inning increase in only his second season back from Tommy John Surgery.

For whatever reason this guy does not do well with Seattle...

Not an ideal start to the season, but it is one game...

He was far from good yesterday, but I give alot of credit to the Seattle offense. Just about every hitter in those first 3-4 innings worked deep into the count.

It was noticeable that Parker had a blister or fingernail issue that was bothering him in the 5th.

anyone know if he is losing his start vs Astros due to Colon coming back?

Nah he is taking Straily's spot according to the RW Daily Dose:

Bartolo Colon will return from the suspended list to start Saturday against the Astros. Dan Straily is expected to lose his rotation spot

anyone know if he is losing his start vs Astros due to Colon coming back?

Nah he is taking Straily's spot according to the RW Daily Dose:

Bartolo Colon will return from the suspended list to start Saturday against the Astros. Dan Straily is expected to lose his rotation spot

Straily is starting Friday

Straily is slated to start Friday and Colon on Sat. How the rotation shakes out for next week is still in limbo with a day off on Monday.

Straily is slated to start Friday and Colon on Sat. How the rotation shakes out for next week is still in limbo with a day off on Monday.

Parker slate to go on Sunday.

Actually it's Anderson on Sunday with Parker going on Tuesday.

Parker slate to go on Sunday.

Anderson on Sunday

What is so confusing?

M- Anderson

T- Parker

W- Milone

Th- Griffin

F- Straily

S- Colon

S- Anderson

T- Parker

Monday is a day off for the A's, Anderson goes on SUNDAY, Parker on Tuesday. With the news that Straily goes down to Sacramento after Colon returns, Parker should get 2 starts next week, Tuesday and NEXT Sunday.

So,:

Tuesday is Parker

Wednesday is Milone

Thurs Griffin

Friday is Colon

Sat is Anderson

Sunday Parker

Guess I just wanted to post a Jessie Spano picture!

What is so confusing?

M- Anderson

T- Parker

W- Milone

Th- Griffin

F- Straily

S- Colon

S- Anderson

T- Parker

NM

Found the answer

Starting him in my weekly league. Couldn't pass on the two starts. Glutton for punishment...

1 person likes this

On the fence in my H2H category league only because my opponent got rocked with Halladay...as of now he's on my bench with the late game tonight, going to wait and see how his pitches start today

Started him over Weaver this week. Would have been a risk either way but you play to win the game not settle for 0s.

Who's starting him against the Angels tomorrow?

As of now I have him starting, but I am having doubts. I have a feeling Trout, Pujols, Hamilton are going to show up tonight.