Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Makaveli

Josh Gordon 2013 Season Outlook

3,374 posts in this topic

If Chip Kelly works out and the Browns offense has success it seems like Josh Gordon would have play a major role because of his speed and ability. He showed flashes of greatness with Weeden as his QB and Shurmur as his coach but with Kelly and possibly a different QB he could have a great year in 2013 if everything works out.

Even if it's Weeden under center and a yawner of a HC selection I like Gordon's outlook for next season. He will definitely be high on my WR3/flex list .

Last time I checked he was already a great "WR3" as soon as his snap count went up

Last time I checked he was already a great "WR3" as soon as his snap count went up

That's my point, it doesn't matter who the coach or QB is, he's a pretty good talent already.

Liking what Im hearing about this hiring for Gordon's outlook. If they get Norv that cant hurt either.

He was the Browns OC in 2007 and DA and Braylon both had great seasons so maybe Gordon can have similar success??

The Cleveland Plain Dealer suggests second-year WR Josh Gordon is headed for a "breakout season" in the Browns' new offense.

Reporter Terry Pluto observed at OTAs that the game comes "outrageously easy" to Gordon, who "glides down the field" and will be the featured target in Rob Chudzinski's vertical passing attack. Gordon was one of the league's most dangerous vertical receivers as a rookie. In our 2012 tape study, we observed Gordon to have movement skills not dissimilar from Andre Johnson.

Pretty excited about the upside Gordon may have in this new offense. I know its real early but still nice to read.

well worth it in the 8th round as your 3rd or even 4th WR, way more upside than anyone else drafted near him

Looking at all the WR going in the 8th and 9th Gordon is really standing out to me right now.

Also, say what you want about Weeden but that guy has a heck of an arm, that throw in ray's clip was purdy ;)

1 person likes this

Looking at all the WR going in the 8th and 9th Gordon is really standing out to me right now.

Also, say what you want about Weeden but that guy has a heck of an arm, that throw in ray's clip was purdy ;)

Yeah, I've been grabbing him in mocks whenever possible in that range.

I have a sick feeling he ends up going 2 rounds earlier by draft time. I really think he's gonna light it up in this offense and lose any semblance of "sleeper" value.

1 person likes this

Britt is going in the early 9th so even if I need to get Gordon in the late 7th then pick up Britt in the 8th-9th I'd be pretty happy with the potential upside of my WR3/WR4 spots.

1 person likes this

14 team 3 receiver league

I'm prepared to take him round 5. That would be the 7th of 10 teamers so really depends on league size.

He's gonna be on my team, that I know.

1 person likes this

Why after watching this video do I feel that Gordon's final numbers should've been a lot more than 50-805-5?

I think it was because the Browns playcalling was atrocious last season. They needed a coach / offensive coordinator willing to call pass plays like the Lions or Patriots do in order to take full advantage of their playmakers like Gordon. No conservative coaches.

Even with Trent Richardson hurting, Gordon wasn't consistently getting his number called. That's absurd.

Suspended WR Josh Gordon claims his two-game ban stems from prescribed antibiotics and cough medicine that contained codeine, which is disallowed under the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Gordon claims he had strep throat in February and took the cough medicine without realizing it contained codeine. Per Sirius XM Radio's Adam Caplan, the Browns have been "privately very concerned with Gordon for months," and his suspension was "hardly" a surprise. While Gordon's issues are a long-term concern, ultimately a two-game absence doesn't deal his fantasy value a huge blow.

Suspended WR Josh Gordon claims his two-game ban stems from prescribed antibiotics and cough medicine that contained codeine, which is disallowed under the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Gordon claims he had strep throat in February and took the cough medicine without realizing it contained codeine. Per Sirius XM Radio's Adam Caplan, the Browns have been "privately very concerned with Gordon for months," and his suspension was "hardly" a surprise. While Gordon's issues are a long-term concern, ultimately a two-game absence doesn't deal his fantasy value a huge blow.

Dammit!! I love you Josh but stop smoking weed when your on my fantasy team!!