Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Ronnie Brewer

Well he cant be too good of a 3 pt shooter as he had zero made 3s last year but he had an extremely high FG% which would lead me to believe he is a serious slasher in the paint.

Well he cant be too good of a 3 pt shooter as he had zero made 3s last year but he had an extremely high FG% which would lead me to believe he is a serious slasher in the paint.

That's what he was in college.

good shooter and it seems like its his job to loose in Utah!

NOT a good shooter. hes' a long athlete with versatile skills. he can handle the rock (handled PG duty in college) take his man off the dribble and be a pest on the defensive end cuz of his great length. had a childhood accident where he fell off a waterslide or somethin and broke his arm. his arm didnt heal properly, so he doesnt have full range of it. becuz of that, he's got this really funky looking jumper which was a source of his poor shooting. he wont hit 3's but he's got the talent to do a little bit of everything else. he'll get his minutes, provided that his outside shooting doesnt become a big liability for the jazz.

i think he can contribute in FG% ( he doesnt take bad shots and slashes a lot), PTs, Stls, some assists, some boards.

NOT a good shooter. hes' a long athlete with versatile skills. he can handle the rock (handled PG duty in college) take his man off the dribble and be a pest on the defensive end cuz of his great length. had a childhood accident where he fell off a waterslide or somethin and broke his arm. his arm didnt heal properly, so he doesnt have full range of it. becuz of that, he's got this really funky looking jumper which was a source of his poor shooting. he wont hit 3's but he's got the talent to do a little bit of everything else. he'll get his minutes, provided that his outside shooting doesnt become a big liability for the jazz.

i think he can contribute in FG% ( he doesnt take bad shots and slashes a lot), PTs, Stls, some assists, some boards.

Interesting info.

if preseason is any indicator of what we'll get in the regular season, he's going to get decent assists for a SG, hit his free throws, and he looks pretty good in steals too.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpag...d=1261&nc=0

i picked up Brewer in all of my leagues. i'm expecting about 32mpg from him as Utah's starting shooting guard (& w/ little competition for his spot). production-wise, i'm looking at 16ppg, +50%fg, +80%ft, 2spg, w/ a some assists & rebounds, & minimal turnovers.

i think he will surprise A LOT of people this year. great candidate for the Most Improved Player award too.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpag...d=1261&nc=0

i picked up Brewer in all of my leagues. i'm expecting about 32mpg from him as Utah's starting shooting guard (& w/ little competition for his spot). production-wise, i'm looking at 16ppg, +50%fg, +80%ft, 2spg, w/ a some assists & rebounds, & minimal turnovers.

i think he will surprise A LOT of people this year. great candidate for the Most Improved Player award too.

Wow... 16 points and 2 steals. I think you are overreacting to the preseason numbers he's been putting up.

When it comes to sleepers, barring injuries, I usually like to do a little scouting report and then think about the tye of players he plays with and the type of coach (system) he plays for.

In Utah, as we all know, the bread and butter is pick & roll with Deron and Boozer. Okur waits on the outside if his man decides to help out. The secondary offense they run is pinch screen for their scorers and shooters - Boozer, Okur, Giricek, Harpring, and Fisher (last year). This offense requires players to have good, consistent jumpers, and all of those players mentioned above have good jumpers. This is the main reason why AK47 struggled last season - he can't find shots in the offense.

Here is ESPN analyst Hollinger's breakdown of Brewer's game:

"A quick 6-7 wing, Brewer is an outstanding finisher in transition and on cuts and drives to the basket. He loves to use the reverse layup, especially when coming in from the left side, and his frequent forays to the rim also saw him draw a high rate of free throws.

That's where things unraveled, as his awkward shooting form produced 67.5 percent accuracy. Brewer is similarly inaccurate from distance and at times looked terrified to even attempt a jumper. His development as a player depends on his making a perimeter shot at least occasionally.

The departure of Derek Fisher provides an outstanding opportunity for Brewer to take over as the starting shooting guard. His only competition is mediocre veteran Gordan Giricek and rookie Morris Almond, so the job is his for the taking.

However, the presence of Kirilenko on the other wing complicates matters. Having one wing player who can't shoot is survivable; having two is another matter. While Brewer's talent and production a year ago suggest he deserves the job, it will be a much easier decision for the Jazz to sign off on if he shows up to camp with an accurate 17-footer in his briefcase. "

Brewer doesn't fit in Utah's offensive system. I can see him becoming their defensive stopper on the wing, but I doubt he will contribute enough to be fantasy relevant, let alone 16 points a game. I don't think Boozer played much during the preseason, so Utah has probably played more uptempo without Boozer's post game, which is probably why Brewer has been getting buckets.

haha, nice analysis there Shinobi!

alright, maybe my 16ppg projection was sliiiightly over the top - but i do think that Brewer will be an effective player if he cracks the 32mpg mark (which i think he will).

he hits a excellent % of his shots & is also starting w/ relatively no competition... so the production on both ends of the floor should be there.

I'm not as sold on him as everyone else, mainly because I thought he was overrated in college. Still, I think he may be worth a late-round pick because he should get some steals and points. His FG% will depend a ton on how often he decides to fire it up from outside, because he's not a good shooter but he is a good slasher.

There are always players who come out of the woodwork to be incredible from day one. I always look to pin my late-round hopes on finding 1-2 of these emerging players. My gut is hollering this guy is among the group of such players this year. After all, if you can't buy a penny stock with some faith, you're never going to get the returns of a Qualcomm in 1998. Brewer will define his rosterability very early, so why not take a late flier? All analysis aside, he's shown signs of coming to life, so go for it. he's a stock market play.

He's a decent play this year, should be a nice late round boost to Points, FG% and Rebounds for a guard.

He's definatley not a shooter though, the reason why is that Mehmet Okur is their *center* and plays like a Shooting Guard, so Brewer in contract is a Guard who has been posting up his defenders more often, which leads to a lot of short shots, layups & dunks.

Anyone? B)

I think you should show your league mates some mercy and just take it easy this year lol

How the fudge did you get Amare, KG, Dirk, Nash, LeBron, and Marion on the same team in a 12-team league?

I think you should show your league mates some mercy and just take it easy this year lol

How the fudge did you get Amare, KG, Dirk, Nash, LeBron, and Marion on the same team in a 12-team league?

I explained in a thread titled Zach Randolph.

I explained in a thread titled Zach Randolph.

I searched and couldn't find it. Could I get a link please?..cause that team is ridiculous

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=225202

I drafted Darko this year and dealt him for Maggette and I just dealt Terry for Kirilenko.

THanks...n Wow, your like a fantasy god man...every deal is kinda fair, mostly in your favor, but still plausible, except that KG deal, that one is ridiculous. I'm surprised dudes in your league haven't given up yet, like your going to totally dominate this year, especially in H2H. I agree with the other guy in that you should take it easy on your league this year.

THanks...n Wow, your like a fantasy god man...every deal is kinda fair, mostly in your favor, but still plausible, except that KG deal, that one is ridiculous. I'm surprised dudes in your league haven't given up yet, like your going to totally dominate this year, especially in H2H. I agree with the other guy in that you should take it easy on your league this year.

If theres one thing I can do its trade. B)

No offense to you, because you obviously know what you are doing.

But... that league sucks! Your league mates are just not that bright as you confessed yourself in the Zach Randolph thread lol

Good job trading and planning for the future though - that's why I've always wanted to play in a good keeper league.