Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

WC Weekend -- 1.5.13 -- Gameday Threads -- Cincy @ Hou & Min @ GB

310 posts in this topic

Namaste vs the Red Rifle kicks off the weekend, followed by All Day @ Discount Double Check. Should be fun.

Post em'.

I'd imagine he's going to suit up and Leslie thinks this matters to the Pack.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players haven't been told whether Christian Ponder (elbow) or Joe Webb will start Saturday night's Wild Card game versus the Packers.

Ponder is dealing with a case of elbow bursitis in his throwing arm, and beat writer Tom Pelissero says it "only goes away with rest." Joe Webb took all of the first-team practice reps during the week while Ponder received mostly "mental reps." Pelissero is more concerned over the limited practice week than he is about the actual injury. Glazer adds that a decision will be made shortly after the coaches and quarterbacks arrive at the stadium Saturday night. Ponder is still fully expected to start, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that we see some of Webb.

we'd be seeing a lot more of webb already if ponder wasn't a first round pick

Both games will be interesting. The Texans are in a slump right now, and the Bengals are a hot team.

I would love to see AP single handedly win the game for the Vikings. That would be cool to see.

So tired of players during their videotaped introductions saying "[name]...... the U"

News to Andre Johnson, the University of Miami is no longer the dominant powerhouse of the past. To say "the U", when any university essentially could call themselves "the U" is so arrogant and egocentrical. Hate it.

1 person likes this

Questionable play calling so far for Cincy, AJ Green was wideopen for a WR screen but Dalton went to BJGE?

:lol: - that's a weird stat to just have off-hand (Matt Schaub is the only QB not to rush for a first down in the regular season). Seemed like he had been sitting there waiting for the Texans to get into a 4th and inches situation to bring it up in conversation...

:lol: - that's a weird stat to just have off-hand (Matt Schaub is the only QB not to rush for a first down in the regular season). Seemed like he had been sitting there waiting for the Texans to get into a 4th and inches situation to bring it up in conversation...

Who even keeps track of stuff like that...

Cincy is playing good on D, but if their offense can't start sustaining a drive there D is going to be in trouble. As I was typing this they picked it off but I still stand by my point

Cincy is playing good on D, but if their offense can't start sustaining a drive there D is going to be in trouble. As I was typing this they picked it off but I still stand by my point

good defense trumps good offense

with that said houstons D is playing better...score isnt their fault at all.

It's funny, Matt Schaub was good when the Texans stunk, well , he had good numbers

Now that the Texans are good, a lot of people see him as a liability.

Hall is definitely one of the better CBs in the league that doesn't get talked about that much.

good defense trumps good offense

with that said houstons D is playing better...score isnt their fault at all.

Yea just saying that if there D has to continually be on the field they'll start getting tired.

Foster is gashing the Bengals D......Only Schaub can keep Cincy in this game....

He's taking the dink n' dunk strategy to a whole new level, seems almost scared to even try and throw the ball down the field. It's working right now with Foster gashing them, but the passing game has been extremely conservative so far...