Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mavsfan23

Dante Cunningham 2012-2013 Season Outlook

23 posts in this topic

I wanted to just continue on with his original thread(excellent title) from years ago, but it was locked.

In the very short time he's gotten extra minutes with Love injured again, he's put up some pretty decent numbers. I haven't watched him play a single minute this year, so i'm purely going off a box score but the line tonight was decent.

any wolves fans with insight on whether williams or cunningham is the way to go?

Man the "who the f is dante cunningham" thread that resurfaced had great potential

We all thought he was the man when the season started too, but it wasnt the case

Wouldnt rule out a dwill showcase if the wolves are serious about moving him

http://www.twincitie...-williams-share

"He was pretty much my deodorant when I was with Portland," Williams said of Cunningham before the Wolves' game against New Orleans on Friday night, Dec. 14. "He was one of the few guys I've been around who worked his tail off every day and listened to everything you said. I'm not surprised he's having this success."

I don't know how I feel about Cunningham. He did double-double but Peko was killing the boards. Most of Cunningham's boards came when Peko went out with injury to his hip.

Yea I would wait another game or 2 if possible but just because Pekovic is killing it doesn't mean Dante can't get boards(he's no Kevin Love but still, it can be done). Splitting time with Derrick Williams is the only thing that sort of scares me away but I like him a lot if he can get 30+ minutes. Great hustle guy and his midrange shot has been money in every game I've seen him. Good at steals too

I watch most of the Twolves games, and Dante gets minutes because he is everywhere on the court. Against Portland, JJ Hickson had a breakaway dunk, but Dante ran half the court to block it. He keeps so many possessions alive. I can see him getting at least 30 min a game. His mid range shot is money and he doesn't try too much on offense. 8-12 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal is reasonable I think.

The minutes have to be 30+, esp with fragile guys Pek and Kirilenko set to play heavier minutes--seems like a lock to produce something rosterable with heavy minutes, consistency aside.

I like what i am hearing about Dante... As a Love owner, would be happy if i can get about 2/3 of Love's production from Cunningham...

I like what i am hearing about Dante... As a Love owner, would be happy if i can get about 2/3 of Love's production from Cunningham...

dont lie you'd be happy with 1/3....

dont lie you'd be happy with 1/3....

Lol.. Anything from Dante will be accepted.. :)

I think 15 is a little too optimistic, 10-12 sounds more reasonable and I would think 8-9 boards and the defensive stats look about right.

1 person likes this

I am considering adding him myself. But don't know if he is worth it just yet. Isn't love supposed to be back soon?

I am considering adding him myself. But don't know if he is worth it just yet. Isn't love supposed to be back soon?

Not until Early April

Pekovic and Kirilenko are both down, Love with no timetable to return..

Cunningtime?

According to the recent rotoworld blurb about Pekovic and Kirilenko, he isn't even mentioned. So I wonder what kind of minutes he will actually see.

His minutes actually didnt increase much last week with both guys out, strictly for 16+ team leagues