Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keep it ONE hunnid

Nas, The Greatest Lyricist Of All Time? [Poll Inside]

Who Is "The Greatest Lyricist Of All Time"?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is "The Greatest Lyricist Of All Time"?

• Nas
    • Other (Fill In Below Other Field w/ Answer)
    • Other:

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

CNN recently posted an article looking back at Nas’ 22 year career in the Hip Hop industry, and proclaimed the Queensbridge emcee as “The Greatest Lyricist of All Time,” and added that the word was carefully chosen – “lyricist” over “rapper” or “hip-hop artist;” “greatest” instead of “most successful;” “all time” rather than “today.”

As CNN Entertainment writer Eliott C. McLaughlin started off his article on Nas, he added a disclaimer that the legendary emcee does not endorse the statement of being Hip Hop’s greatest lyricist, but McLaughlin held his stance even without the rappers’ co-sign, as Nas addressed the proclamation.

Nas said of the claim of being Hip Hop’s “Greatest Lyricist of All Time”:

It’s wayyyyyy, way, way too early in our lives. It’s great to put a list together, but don’t take it too seriously because your list won’t matter 10 years from now or 15 years from now. It’ll be a different list.

The point of this write-up is to debate whether or not Nas is “The Greatest Lyricist of All Time,” so after you let your thoughts be known on that topic, head over to CNN’s Entertainment section [here], and check out the breakdown of Nas’ incredible 20+ years in the industry.

To continue on topic of “The Greatest Lyricist of All Time” – hit up the poll below, and let us know if you agree with McLaughlin that Nas is “The Greatest Lyricist Of All Time” or you can fill in your own answer and let us know who you think is the illest wordsmith of all time, and then head to the comment section and let the reason be known why you chose who you did as the crown holder of the best lyricist that Hip Hop has ever seen.

Eminem has had his ups and downs, but when it comes to rhyming, he's arguably the best. Nas is nothing to scoff at as a lyricist and an artist, so I can see the argument being made for Nas.

I vote for Too $hort. Everything I ever needed to know about money, women, cars or respect I learned from Too $hort! :lol:

She got a big booty

So I call her big booty

2CHAAAAAIIINZZZZZZZZ

Hotel suite bigger than your dad’s crib / My pistol’s pregnant, I think it’s bout to have kids
I got them chickens, cock a doodle doo / I got the flu, I need lobster noodle soup

From the artist formely known as Tity Boi. No one else comes close to this wordsmith.

1 person likes this

Ice T got a documentry on Netflix now, Art of Rap, where he interviews the greatest rappers of all time.... he really shocked me with his closing comment after the Eminem interview.... never liked Ice T but he covered all the relevant rappers from the beginning till present.

Eminem blows

Blows? Not a big Em fan like I use to be but the word "blows" is really too much to say. Em has had atleast 3 classics albums SSLP/MMLP/Eminem Show.

Nas is the greatest. A long with KRS-One and Rakim.

But there is plenty of great rappers just below.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, July 20, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

i think that tupac is the greatest of them all and hes still alive hiding in cuba