Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USP123

Earl "Sandwich" Clark 2012-2013 Season Outlook

241 posts in this topic

Just had 22 points/13 boards/3 assists tonight against the Spurs.

Might be worth a look in very deep leagues.

Despite the loss, that wasn't a bad loss at all. Glad to see the team uniting to put up a strong fight against a top 5 team without two of their superstars.

I just picked him up in a 16 X14 league don't know if that's deep enough. Gave up Morris (HOU). With a performance like that he's bound to get more mins, this week at least with D12 and Pau down a bit.

Just had 22 points/13 boards/3 assists tonight against the Spurs.

Might be worth a look in very deep leagues.

In a 20*15 league, picked him today. Don't know how long D'Howard and J'Hill will be sidelined, so hope he will get some run.

Mike D'Antoni and Kobe Bryant both described Earl Clark's play as "phenomenal" following his double-double on Wednesday.

"It made me feel great," Clark said. There are no assurances that Clark will be effective every night, but with the Lakers injuries and Antawn Jamison remaining mostly ineffective, the Lakers should be willing to give Clark a bigger role off the bench. D'Antoni also said that Clark will get another look in the rotation after his big night. Keep a careful eye on him.

Clarksanity? taking a flyer!

Mike D'Antoni and Kobe Bryant both described Earl Clark's play as "phenomenal" following his double-double on Wednesday.

"It made me feel great," Clark said. There are no assurances that Clark will be effective every night, but with the Lakers injuries and Antawn Jamison remaining mostly ineffective, the Lakers should be willing to give Clark a bigger role off the bench. D'Antoni also said that Clark will get another look in the rotation after his big night. Keep a careful eye on him.

D'Antoni also said something to that effect about Jamison and look where he is now! I don't like nor trust Mike. I've always hated him when he was the Suns coach that bumped the Lakers out of the playoffs 2 years in a row.

Jamison cant hit a shot anymore so that doesnt matter. Clark gives them a spark off the bench at least and has the most energy out of anyone in the lakers team. Loved watching him play and hustle and he should get more minutes.

Today's game is once in a lifetime chance to him. He could either be moving towards 'Jeremy Lin 2nd' or 'one hit wonder'

Hate to sound like a Homer, but I always thought he should of got a chance somewhere. He didn't really do anything for the magic, but watching him in college you could tell he had some talent. he has some good length and athleticism. I actually hope he does well. I'm a huge Louisville fan and I'd like to see his buddy Terrence Williams (who is the most underrated player in a long time) do well.

Earl Clark will start in place of Pau Gasol (concussion) in Friday's game against the Thunder.

Good! Hopefully he'll be on the receiving end of Steve Nash's pickNroll instead of Bobby "Butterfingers" Sacre.

Another positive for those tracking Clark in Deeper Leagues

1616.jpg

Jordan Hill (hip) will have surgery on the small labrum tear in his hip and will be out for the rest of the season.

Labrum tears are really tough injuries to endure and players like Gerald Henderson and LaMarcus Aldridge missed significant time in the past couple years. Earl Clark has been a revelation lately and this news solidifies his value for the long term, so he might not be viewed as just a stop-gap player. Clark has upside and is worth a look in standard leagues given his outstanding start in his first shot with the

higher FG% could be even nicer. with J'Hill out ROS, and D'Howard out another week, he's worth picking up at least for one more week.

How does everyone gauge is long term value?

I fear picking him up only to see him on the bench in a week.

I was a fan of his out of college so maybe i should follow my gut here. He definitely has the athleticism.

One of the very few bright spots on that team and he is looking like a good add in deep leagues.

Guys, dont do this to yourselfs. Earl Clark is not your savior and will fade out after about 2 games

1 person likes this

Guys, dont do this to yourselfs. Earl Clark is not your savior and will fade out after about 2 games

Lol, I'm pretty sure people were only looking at him solely as a temp to begin with dude.

No one thinks he's the savior of their team.

Lol, I'm pretty sure people were only looking at him solely as a temp to begin with dude.

No one thinks he's the savior of their team.

you never know in this place. Hakim Warrick was being highly touted like 3 weeks ago

I'm picking him up for a spot start tomorrow over other FA's like Ed Davis, Zeller, Aminu, Blatche and Splitter in a H2H points league. Hope that helps gauge his extremely short time value.

His long term outlook really depends on the Lakers. I personally like his hustle and think he should start as long as one of Howard and Gasol is out. Unless someone is traded his outlook won't be any higher than Hill's. It'll take another injury or trade before he's a must start player.

He has been starting for the Lakers and getting 36 mins last couple games. Is he sticking or just couple game wonder...