Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mcova23

ESPN Thunder vs Lakers Game Thread 1/11/13

58 posts in this topic

Last time these teams face each other Lakers were without Pau and Nash, this time they will be without Pau and Howard.

Not a must win for the Lakers. This aint the NFL. I heard Stu Lantz the other day on the telecast saying "the season is on the line here" on a game. Which was ridiculous to me

I do think Kobe has to score more than 30 pts to win

Need to contain Westbrook (dont know how but they will have to)

Perk is useless in this game

Thunder lost to the Wiz the other night so we sill how their demeanor will be

With 4 players missing from the Lakers, can they pull out the upset?

I dont really dig Espn coverage of the NBA, imo just horrible

I cringe at the thought of seeing more attempted Steve Nash picknrolls with Bobby "Butterfingers" Sacre.

On one hand it's pure comedy. On the other hand it's pure tragedy.

Heard a stat here on local LA radio that Lakers need to go 31-17 from here on out to make the playoffs. Doesn't look too promising.

yea around 31 wins

Who knows how teams will shape when it is April

As of late, the gameplan for the Lakers usually is.... through the 1st quarter they typically have Nash try to facilitate to everyone except Kobe.

By the 2nd quarter, they gradually start making plays for Kobe.

And by the 3rd quarter he becomes more of an offensive weapon.

By the 3rd quarter he's the go-to guy.

I really hope Jamison has a breakout game tonight.

Lakers need him to play well, to even have a chance against the Thunder.

Earl Clark hopefully can bring his A game again tonight.

Once a lifetime chance for Clark, if he can put up another big game, he will stay in rotation even when all bigs are back.

They just announced during the game that Jordan Hill is out for the remainder of the season. He is going to have surgery. This should mean more minutes for Clark if he can continue to play well.

lulz Lakers Defense.....39 points in the 2nd quarter. Wide open 3 at the end of the half for the best scorer in the league.....

1 person likes this

lulz Lakers Defense.....39 points in the 2nd quarter. Wide open 3 at the end of the half for the best scorer in the league.....

Clark looked to get screened and nobody rotated over. He broke through and contested the shot. The look on his face after Durant nailed it was priceless. He was practically pleading his case to Kobe after the shot.

LOL the other day that Lakers loss was the "turning point" for LAL, now Magic is saying it's over. Did he really expect them to not get smoked tonight?

Also, Jalen Rose still sucks on the mic

3 people like this

They just announced during the game that Jordan Hill is out for the remainder of the season. He is going to have surgery. This should mean more minutes for Clark if he can continue to play well.

one less player to catch kobe's rebounds

1 person likes this

Clark looked to get screened and nobody rotated over. He broke through and contested the shot. The look on his face after Durant nailed it was priceless. He was practically pleading his case to Kobe after the shot.

You have to love the way Kobe gives his teammates these icy stares after defensive mistakes when he is just a brutal defender at this point. He made at least five egregious defensive mistakes in the San Antonio game. I actually think Kobe has been a lot more composed this season than I would have expected, but there are still instances when he can't help himself.

1 person likes this