Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boston2la76

2013 Keeper Question - Who would you rather keep?

8 posts in this topic

I'm in a 12 team Non PPR league. We're allowed to keep 3 players going into next year. Scoring is a bit different, it's 3 pts for a passing TD and -3 pts for an int. (yeah, brutal)

My 3 keepers are currently Tom Brady, Jamaal Charles, Megatron. I'm definitely keeping Charles and Tron.

My question is, should I keep Brady or try and pry away someone else from another team. One team in question is stacked, and I know I can get Gronk, Julio Jones, McCoy, or Alfred Morris for the right price, which will include draft picks.

This league is fairly QB heavy. If history tells anything, it's that alot of teams keep their top QB. I can pretty much guarantee Brees, Rodgers, RG3, Cam, Ryan, and Peyton will be kept. Do I keep Brady? or try for one of the non-QB players I mentioned above.

If you can guarantee that a lot of those QBs will be kept, I think I would keep Brady. QBs will be deep, especially with the emergence of all these running QBs, but that list already eliminates a lot, and others will probably be swept up early.

Keep Brady. He puts up solid numbers but doesnt have that gunslinger mentality. He is smart with his throws which equals less picks.

Tom Brady i would keep. Still is putting up MVP Type numbers and shows no sign of slowing down. Plus he is smart by staying in the pocket while throwing.

I mean I guess I would keep Brady but I don't see how this is a QB heavy league? If QBs are only getting 3 points per TD and losing 3 on an INT that really caps their impact. I would much rather have a stud skill position player at standard scoring than a QB at that scoring now matter how good they are. If you can Gronk I would go that route.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=333838

1 person likes this

I would lean towards trading for Gronk, however, if you have to give up a decent # of draft picks that might leave you in a hurt bag at QB. If you could trade Brady and 1st or 2nd for Gronk I'd do that for sure. You would still be able to pick up a good QB in your redraft.

Yeah that QB scoring is brutal enough to think about keeping a non-QB player as your third keeper. A lot of times INT's aren't even the QB's fault with tipped passes or poor WR play. Yeah I'd definitely try and trade for Gronk or Julio, maybe Brady and a draft pick.

help with mine? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=335618