Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR3

New Roto Fantasy Hockey

7 posts in this topic

The great news is you have very shallow rosters. Goalies are huge in your format so i would carry 3 for sure and get 2 inside the first 6 rounds. Defensemen are not as valuable without Def points so focus on sleepers later. Get a stud early I am talking Malkin, Crosby, Giroux, Stamkos, Crosby. All those guys are elite PP players and you have PPP which will give you double points essentially because you have G and A as cats. Anything else just ask

Agree with the King. Get goalies early. Centers tend to be deeper so look for Wingers first then C then D can always be found later.

You can definitely draft C last, as gdon notes. In my two Y! leagues, the following centers were undrafted and remain FAs after the first WW:

MKoivu

Desharnais

Plekanec

Roy

Stepan

Zajac

Grabovsky

Brassard/Dubinsky

If I had the drafts to do over again I wouldn't touch a C not named Malkin, Stamkos, Spezza, Tavares, or, say, Backes (for PIM) until the end. The difference in production between the guys I drafted and the guys listed above will be miniscule. But the difference in production between, say, a Kris Letang who I didn't get versus a WW D will be huge. Also, note LW is much less deep than is RW.

I had the 8th pick and I drafted two goalies and 3 defenseman for my first 5 picks and if week one has any indication how my year will go I may have a decent season. I went 9-0 and my team scored 23 goals, 49 assists, 47 penalty minutes, 27 plus/minus, 35 power play points and 177 shots on goal. My goalies had a great week but I think defenseman were a big key to my week.

Dustin Byfuglien

Kris Letang

Dan Boyle

Kevin Shattenkirk.......These guys scored 24 total points for me. Pretty much doubled every other teams defensema in pointsn. In most cases I tripled other teams production. It may not work for me the whole year but week one sure was nice.