Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ballfan4141

Jonathan Lucroy 2013 Outlook

145 posts in this topic

He improved on his numbers from 2011 eventhough missed a lot of the season. when he cameback he kept hitting like he was before. same numbers? increase? or expect to be another catcher to be kurt suzuki like who has a good first year improve second then nothing.

I would think with his his numbers & missed time from last year. A improvement in his statistics is in play for next year. Then again he is a catcher, so who cares.

On a side note, I would think he would like to get face the Cubs every game. Last year he hit 4 HR, 20 RBI with a .350 AVG.

He's a good hitter I like him on my team, but if his ADP starts to rise closer to the start of the season. I may look at other Cs.

I like Lucroy to have his best year yet for counting stats. I think he has a solid chance of finishing in the 2 - 5 range of N.L. catchers (behind Posey) along with Molina, McCann, Montero, Rosario

I was able to snag him in the last round of Mock Draft #1 but he went in the 12th round in Mock Draft #2. I don't know if his stock is climbing or he just fell thru the cracks on MDI.

Draft him in the 12th round every chance you get, the breakout is for real. Plus no timeshare with G. Kottaras this year.

Lucroy provides immense value for where he's likely to go during drafts. Sure, he will likely bat 7th for the Brewers this year, but should have plenty of opportunity to drive in runs. I'd temper power expectations, and I don't think he'll hit anywhere near his .320 clip from last year. However, I fully expect him to be in the neighborhood of .295/15/75 this year....and that combination should provide for immense value in mixed leagues.

That's what I'm hoping for. Would be extremely happy if he provides a .280+ BA, 15-18 HR and 70+ RBI's from the catcher spot for me

I picked him as my starter in one league, but I'm gonna cuff him up with JP Arencibia. I'll take a shot and see what happens. I can see something like .275, 14HR, 70RBI. Let's hope last year wasn't a fluke.

Batting after Braun and Aramis is gonan be great!

Should be plenty of ducks on the pond.

There are a couple things that I love about Lucroy including his 20%+ LD% and the 87% contact rate he displayed last year. However, he doesn't walk as much as I would like ~6%.

based on his batted ball profile I can see him maintaining a 285+ average with 15+hr and 75rbi's (depending on where he hits in the order) which for where you are getting him is a steal.

When I look at his underlying numbers I see Yadier Molina (walks slightly more) but his contact rates and LD/GB/FB splits are similar.

I would gladly wait and take Lucroy several rounds later.

14th round, pick 166 is where I snagged him. Couldn't be happier looking at my catcher position who has the potential to hit high 200s, or even low 300s with some power and perfect positioning in the line up.

The one time I sat him for Gattis, Lucroy hits a home run. So typical.