Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MidwestCrucible

An early look at my keepers...need your help!

12 posts in this topic

10 team, H2H, 5x5, keeper league.

Need some advice on who I should pick for my keepers. I get to keep 4 guys.

Matt Kemp (1st RD keeper)

Mike Trout (22nd RD keeper)

Clayton Kershaw (7th RD keeper)

Mark Teixeira (2nd RD keeper)

Jason Kipnis (20th RD keeper)

Ian Desmond (21st RD keeper)

Yoenis Cespedes (17th RD keeper)

Cole Hamels (3rd RD keeper)

Allen Craig (19th RD keeper)

trout, kemp, kershaw and cespedes. leaves you some early picks to fill in the infield positions. kershaw in the 7th is so much better than hamels in teh 3rd.

1 person likes this

assuming you're not forfeiting any picks based on the round your keepers were drafted in:

Trout

Kemp

Kershaw

Hamels

Normally, I'd not suggest (ever) keeping two arms, but these guys are 100% #1 aces. As much as I like your other offensive options in Cespedes and Craig, I have to give the nod to Clayton and Cole here.

1 person likes this

assuming you're not forfeiting any picks based on the round your keepers were drafted in

Yes, we have to forfeit the pick of whatever keeper we choose. So when the draft starts, I would get skipped the first RD for keeping Kemp. So on and so forth.

Nevermind, I totally read your question wrong. Ha!

1 person likes this

1)Trout, for obvious reasons.

2)Kemp, because he'll probably be the best talent available in the first round. How does your draft order work? Is it predetermined? If you have a pick before anyone else, then I would suggest not keeping kemp and just draft him.

3)Kershaw. In a 10 team H2H keeper league, someone will probably jump on him in the 2nd round. Losing your 7th pick for him is a huge advantage.

4)Yoenis Cespedes. I wasn't big on Yoenis last year, but him at 17th this year is intriguing.

1 person likes this

I would say go with Trout, Kershaw, Cespedes, and Craig just looking at value. You still get a 1st this way to get Kemp back or someone like that I would think.

1 person likes this

yeah. trout kershaw cespedes and if you want to gamble or maybe secure a healthy stud.......dont keep kemp.

1 person likes this

Trout & Kershaw for sure. Their value with the round draft pick you are losing is excellent. And then I'd probably do Cespedes & either Desmond (SS is so thin) or Craig. Yeah, you'd give up Kemp, but I'm sure there will be some very nice picks in the 1st round even if someone else grabs him.

1 person likes this

1)Trout, for obvious reasons.

2)Kemp, because he'll probably be the best talent available in the first round. How does your draft order work? Is it predetermined? If you have a pick before anyone else, then I would suggest not keeping kemp and just draft him.

Predetermined by how we finished the season. Worst team picks first, etc. I pick 6th in this draft. If I let Matt Kemp go, I won't get him back and most guys keep their first rd picks so there isn't a lot of talent left.

I agree the majority here: Kemp, Trout, Kershaw and Cespedes. Hamels is a maybe or alternate if something happens to one of these guys between now and keeper turn in deadline.

Trout, Kershaw, cespedes are definites. I could see going any of the others except Hamels and Tex. I personally would probably go with Kipnis, but can't fault going with Kemp.