Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And Won

Pick 4 keeper - WHIR

10 posts in this topic

I can keep 4 and the player holds their original draft value, and we keep a rookie too, I have Wil Myers. Last year I had Matt Moore.

So with the round they would be drafted next to their names, pick your top 4 keepers.

Braun 1

McCutchen 3

Kipnis 9

Starlin Castro 10

Matt Moore 20

Jason Heyward 5

Chapman 16

12 team H2H

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

P.S. Yeah I won the league last year with a no-miss draft.

Would you keep Chapman if you thought he was going to close all year?

Would you keep Chapman if you thought he was going to close all year?

Yes. It doesn't matter where Chapman pitches. If he closes he will be a top 3 closer. If he starts he will be a top 10 starter.

Braun, McCutchen, Castro, Heyward. All 4 are known commodities and Castro and Heyward still are young and have a ton of upside. Chapman has way too many question marks to be kept over Heyward. I'd even keep Moore over Chapman.

1 person likes this

I am really torn here, I love Chapman but I cannot rationalize keeping a closer with only 4 players, but keeping Heyward would give me: Braun, McCutchen, Heyward, Myers, & Starlin.

We are moving to from OF/OF/OF to LF/CF/RF this year. So Braun/McCutchen/Heyward would make sense as a trio.

No love for Kipnis in the 10th?

I'm scared to death of Aroldis as a SP this year, these guys aren't made to go from throwing 80 gms of single innings where he's dialing it up to 102 MPH for 20 pitches; then the next year he's pitching 30 games of 6 innings each with 100 pitches per outing. Texas destroyed Neftali Feliz doing the same thing, and Boston would've done it to Papelbon, but they changed their minds back and left him in the bullpen.

Love Aroldis as a closer, won't touch him with a 10-ft pole at his current ADP as a SP.