Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYSportsfan24

Dan Uggla 2013 Outlook

84 posts in this topic

What numbers are we projecting for Uggla this year?

I think he bounces back a little gets HR back into the 25+ range. Its the average thats just a killer, if he could get that to like .240-260 he would be gold. I will be watching him in our auction, I still need a guy in the MI spot, I dont really want him but if the price is right and he is totally written off going like sub $5, I will take a shot.

Even with an extreme career low at 19 HR's he finished 7th among 2B in my league. If he even bounces back a LITTLE bit and hits 24-26 HR he should be a top 5 2B again

If you play in a league with AVG he will hurt you in that category though, but the run production should make up for it

I owned him in 2011 and he carried me to a championship with his phenomenal second half run and fell in love. Then last year I cussed, ranted, grew gray hairs, waited and waiting, and then said never again with this guy. With that said, if he is ends up hanging around on the board anywhere close to ESPN's T. Cockcrafts current draft position at 196 I think you have to take him. That is a huge drop from a player who has always been drafted 40 ish. Classic low risk/high reward pick at that draft position. It will also be so much easier to drop your 17-20th pick then your 4th is he remains in his coma at the plate. Greg Walker still being the Braves hitting coach again is somewhat concerning to me though. He coached Dunn during his season long 2011 disaster and Dunn was never able to shake the funk the whole year. With Walker gone to Atlanta in 2012 Dunn was back to his usual self but that same type of slump Dunn had carried over to Uggla. But, if he can get back to his normal 30 hr season with a 250 ave he will be a steal at 2B.

I owned him in 2011 and he carried me to a championship with his phenomenal second half run and fell in love. Then last year I cussed, ranted, grew gray hairs, waited and waiting, and then said never again with this guy. With that said, if he is ends up hanging around on the board anywhere close to ESPN's T. Cockcrafts current draft position at 196 I think you have to take him. That is a huge drop from a player who has always been drafted 40 ish. Classic low risk/high reward pick at that draft position. It will also be so much easier to drop your 17-20th pick then your 4th is he remains in his coma at the plate. Greg Walker still being the Braves hitting coach again is somewhat concerning to me though. He coached Dunn during his season long 2011 disaster and Dunn was never able to shake the funk the whole year. With Walker gone to Atlanta in 2012 Dunn was back to his usual self but that same type of slump Dunn had carried over to Uggla. But, if he can get back to his normal 30 hr season with a 250 ave he will be a steal at 2B.

I would love to get him around 200 just because you can't find 2b that can hit 20 homers that late. I have a feeling he will go higher then that especially in casual leagues just because he is a familiar name at 2b

bounceback candiate.. feel like he is gonna jack 30+ homers... back to top 4 2nd basemen

Stay away. He's been in a decline for 2 straight years, and he's not getting any younger. Sure he will give you 20-25 bombs, but at what cost? I predict yet another terrible batting average with overall declining power stats.

1 person likes this

Any updates on how he looks in spring training? I'm hoping he turns it around - he has a great chance to put up some numbers with the lineup around him, but not if he's hitting .200 again.

He's is VERY draftable and even desirable in OBP leagues. NL leader in BB's.

I'm passing in all other formats.

He's is VERY draftable and even desirable in OBP leagues. NL leader in BB's.

I'm passing in all other formats.

I agree - I understand why he's hated in avg leagues, but last year (and it's hard to imagine him struggling more than he did last year), he posted something like 82/19/78/.342 in an OBP league - not too bad.

From yesterdays game: Braves win 17-10. Nine braves get hits, six have multiple hits (four three-hit games), 36 total hits between the Braves and Phillies.

Uggla: 0-4, 2Ks. (.184 on the spring).

Sounds about right!

1 person likes this

Staying far far farrrrr away...but hey, if you wanted to punt AVG, you could grab him, Dunn and Reynolds (who I think will bounce back) for the best trio in baseball (LOL)

Why am I even in this thread?

*runs away frantically*

2 people like this

After that unbelievably prolonged suck streak last season, I just can't handle the guy anymore. Usually I'm tolerant of players through rough patches because that's the nature of the game, but this clown was hitting .150 with a .500 OPS for 3 months. It's tough to forgive that level of ineptitude.

He fell to I think the 18th round in my Yahoo mock last night. Pretty good value for a guy capable of putting up good numbers.

We count walks in my league so I drafted him. If he hits 20 homers I'm fine as long as he keeps up that tasty walk rate. His OBP will also keep his run totals decent.

After that unbelievably prolonged suck streak last season, I just can't handle the guy anymore. Usually I'm tolerant of players through rough patches because that's the nature of the game, but this clown was hitting .150 with a .500 OPS for 3 months. It's tough to forgive that level of ineptitude.

In the past few years I have owned the likes Dunn, Uggla, Pedro Alvarez, Chris Davis, throughout most of the calendar days of those past few seasons. This year I own none of them, and I am damn proud of it.

I found my Strikeout-aholics-anonymous group in the offseason and am proud to say I am cleared. Wish others the best with Uggla, but buckle up for a very bumpy ride! At least he looks good in his schmedium sized jersey though.

3 people like this

Just say 'no' to Ugly Uggla. Cause that K rate is downright UGGGGLY

Any chance this guy can provide some value? I got him in the last round of a competitive draft a few days ago (round 21, pick 249). His yahoo ADP is around 150. Any chance he can hit .250-25-80? He could be solid value if he can get that k rate back to the low 20s. On a positive note he did walk the most times in his career last season. A bounceback seems unlikely but he could be a decent lottery ticket if he plunges enough.

As a bench 2B with the potential to be a top 10 if not better 2B, he's a steal. I'll take him in round 18-20 and be happy about it. I would not take him as my primary 2B though.