Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ballfan4141

Martin Prado 2013 Outlook

272 posts in this topic

he had a nice season. he likes playing 3B. said he hated having to come from LF to get the dugout. can we expect similiar numbers.

I think a lot depends on your settings and depth of your league. If you are in say a 10-12 team mixed league that has 20 game position eligibility, then he is OF-3B eligible and his numbers probably arent that valuable.

If you are in a 10-game league, where he has 2B-SS-3B-OF Eligibility, I think he becomes much more valuable.

If you are in a 10-game and like a weekly/daily head to head league where you are setting a line up, he is gold because he gives you so much flexibility.

He is a player whose value is definetly driven by the depth of your league and its settings.

2 people like this

I think a lot depends on your settings and depth of your league. If you are in say a 10-12 team mixed league that has 20 game position eligibility, then he is OF-3B eligible and his numbers probably arent that valuable.

If you are in a 10-game league, where he has 2B-SS-3B-OF Eligibility, I think he becomes much more valuable.

If you are in a 10-game and like a weekly/daily head to head league where you are setting a line up, he is gold because he gives you so much flexibility.

He is a player whose value is definetly driven by the depth of your league and its settings.

He is so much more valuable when he has those MI positions... His stats are great for those positions, but I dont really want him as my starting 3B in a 12 team league, maybe UTIL

prado just got traded..... value goes up? or goes down? i say down

Depends on where he's batting in the lineup. I'd think he'd be 2-3 in that lineup now, for me if that's the case it's up considering he is moving to a hitter's park.

yea has to be at 3B. he actually hits better when playing 3rd.

May get shifted around too. Fill in occasionally for Gregarious (provided he becomes an everyday player) and also for Hill (to rest him).

Prado only hit 10 HRs in 2012 and has averaged 13 over his last 3 seasons. He also hit 42 doubles last year.

With his move to ARZ what are chances he turns some of the doubles into HRs. I think he could put up 15 to 20 HRs this year. I believe he's slotted in to hit either 2nd or 3rd for the DBacks.

Underrated player. Doesn't carry the flash of other more prominent names, but I think you can bank a .300, 15 HR, 80 RBI season.

I like him a lot this year. As you guys have said, I wouldnt' be surprised if he hit 15 HR playing in that park to go along with the good BA and good RBI totals. I'll take that at 2B/SS with ease

I like him a lot this year. As you guys have said, I wouldnt' be surprised if he hit 15 HR playing in that park to go along with the good BA and good RBI totals. I'll take that at 2B/SS with ease

Would you take it at 3B?

Prado's always been one of my favorite players. He's just so consistent. Every time you take him, you know what you are getting. He's a great source of average every year, and could up his homer, rbi, and runs totals this year with the new park. He has added value in H2H because he'll give you production every week.

Would you take it at 3B?

I wouldn't mind it tbh, just depends on the situation. You could nab him later in a draft as a decent 3B option as long as the rest of your lineup has been filled out well accordingly.

ss? and 2b? this is yahoo? they give pos. elig. so easy.

Yeah they do. I mean Jordan Pacheco for COL is Catcher eligible, which is really only of note to deep NL-Only leagues, but all it takes is 5 games started there, I believe.

Yes, right here.

For me, he is the key definition of a Swiss army knife fantasy player. I am in a 10-game league where he is eligible at all 4 positions.

He is a guy I plan to target anywhere from $8-$16 in auctions, or rounds 4-7 in drafts. I love his versatility... I used Trevor Plouffe in a similar role last season, but got him by accident! I'd like to secure a guy like Prado who is more of a sure thing...

I'm high on him this year. Arizona shouldn't hurt his value...

I honestly think his positional elgibility is more valuable in deeper leagues.

1 person likes this

Regardless of league format, Prado is the type of guy that I love to own year in/year out. In addition to his eligibility bonus, he's the perfect type of player to help balance out the negative impact of those BA killers we all love and hate at the same time. Drafting a Prado helps take alot of the sting out of selecting a Texiera, Bautista, etc. type a few rounds earlier.

Regardless of league format, Prado is the type of guy that I love to own year in/year out. In addition to his eligibility bonus, he's the perfect type of player to help balance out the negative impact of those BA killers we all love and hate at the same time. Drafting a Prado helps take alot of the sting out of selecting a Texiera, Bautista, etc. type a few rounds earlier.

Haha I both Bautista and Texiera in the MD III.

I'm not sure where I stand on Prado this year though. I think his value has caught up to him. I just think he was such a better bargain in previous seasons.

I'm not sure where I stand on Prado this year though. I think his value has caught up to him. I just think he was such a better bargain in previous seasons.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a good value. Just not as good as he was in years past.

Prado only hit 10 HRs in 2012 and has averaged 13 over his last 3 seasons. He also hit 42 doubles last year.

With his move to ARZ what are chances he turns some of the doubles into HRs. I think he could put up 15 to 20 HRs this year. I believe he's slotted in to hit either 2nd or 3rd for the DBacks.

I think he's got a legitimate shot. With the short porch in left, as long as he can stay healthy, he should see some sort of increase in his HR total. If Ryan Roberts can hit 19 homeruns off that wall, Prado should be able to.

I see your point, but it almost seems to me that by unloading the K brothers (J-Up & Young), Gibson and that D-backs staff would look at a guy like Prado as their "at bat" posterboy in that you'll almost never see him waste an AB. Playing in the NL West where you just see a ridiculous amount of one and two run games, I think Prado could really flourish in this spot. One question which I'd love to know the answer to is where will Gibson put him in the batting order initially. I'd argue he may be a better 3 hole hitter for this team than say a 2 hole guy.

BTW, I actually own both guys in my H2H keeper and will def be looking to nab him in the middle rounds!