Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

airick

Cory Conacher 2013 Season Outlook

18 posts in this topic

He may only be relevant in deeper leagues right now, but do you think this kid is legit? He was the AHL's Rookie of the Year and the MVP last year and now has 4 points in two games. I haven't watched his goal or his assists yet on video, but on paper i'm seeing secondary/primary assists with Stamkos/St Louis/Lecavalier. He is getting some PP time and is producing, so does he get more playing time on the top line? He is c/lw eligible in yahoo which just makes him that much more appealing. What can we expect from him this year in your opinion? Has he been added in your league?

I dropped brunner and picked Conacher up in a 10 team with a really deep bench. I see a lot of potential here playing on 2nd line. Maybe just under a point per game?

My league is similar with 10 teams and a deep bench. I was thinking of dropping stafford for conacher in the short term

I watched him yesterday- he looks very good and he is playing with 2 of the top 20 offensive players in the NHL on his line.

Had an awesome year last season in the AHL...a good indicator he can put up some points in the bigs.

WW pickup of the year right here. No hype because he went undrafted because of his size (5'8") but he's dominated every level he's played at, ahl mvp as a rookie, he's already top 40......he's going to be a STAR

For another thread, but Raphael Diaz is another candidate for WW pickup stud. May be a flash-in-the-pan but Diaz looks very good so far.

I grabbed Cory 3 days ago, i used him yesterday and got 2 assists.. i'll take that production! he'll probably have ups and downs, but i'm riding the streak and hopefully trading him at some point

Sucks he only got 13 mins yesterday....such is life for a rookie.

For another thread, but Raphael Diaz is another candidate for WW pickup stud. May be a flash-in-the-pan but Diaz looks very good so far.

I thought the same thing, but will be dropping him when Subban is ready.

I benched Cory last night when I saw he inexplicably got only 12 mins last game. Ain't doing that again....this kid can play.

Has he cooled off?

He cooled off for a while but has reheated up. I don't mind having him as a 6th-10th Forward. Never would I keep him or draft him before like round 13.