Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And Won

Darrell Arthur 2012-2013 Season Outlook

60 posts in this topic

With Speights being traded and the new Grizz exec calling him their best reserve. I have been starting to like Arthur, do you?

He has been very efficient in limited minutes and I believe that his role will be expanded, especially if Memphis is able to move ZBo too.

He missed all of last season due to an injury and now is just starting to show what he can do. Anyone else have him on their radar?

Good article:

http://www.memphisflyer.com/BeyondtheArc/archives/2013/01/16/silver-lining-playbook-darrell-arthurs-value-and-tony-wrotens-promise-amid-roster-uncertainty

Definitely a must-add in deep leagues. To be honest I'm actually not sure why Speights was ahead of Arthur in their rotation.

1 person likes this

just added in in my 14 team league..will be the main backup at PF/C...should see around 22 min a game?

1 person likes this

I like this guy.

he is still only 24, he is athletic and he has a high IQ.

And now he should get 25-30 minutes a nigh uninterrupted.

1 person likes this

I picked him up also, he should be closer to 25 min i would think with all the depth players they lost.

Watched him since high school in South Oak Cliff, he's always been skilled and now has grown into his frame. Injury-prone beginning to his career but still plenty of room to develop to his full potential.

Picked him up in my 16-teamer even before that rotoworld blurb about him came out. I figured he would pick up extra minutes without Speights, that just makes sense.

Of course he talks up the player they could afford to keep. If Arthur was so good why didn't he start when Zbo was out in previous games this season? Come on!

Of course he talks up the player they could afford to keep. If Arthur was so good why didn't he start when Zbo was out in previous games this season? Come on!

Perhaps because Speights was showcased in order to prop his trade value?

Also Arthur was coming back from injury and Speights was already the first forward off the bench.

Also Arthur was coming back from injury and Speights was already the first forward off the bench.

To showcase him when they were shopping Gay. Y'all gotta learn to read between the lines. Cavaliers wouldn't have taken Arthur over Speights. They're just saying that stuff about Arthur because he's the one still on their team. If they got rid of Gay they woulda talked up his replacement too.

To showcase him when they were shopping Gay. Y'all gotta learn to read between the lines. Cavaliers wouldn't have taken Arthur over Speights. They're just saying that stuff about Arthur because he's the one still on their team. If they got rid of Gay they woulda talked up his replacement too.

They can shop two players or more at the same time, especially that they don't play the same position. Plus, the talks about Speights with the Cavs must have been going for some time.

Speights is bulkier than Arthur and that is why the Cavs probably picked him, plus the Grizzlies have no interest in trading Arthur.

We should see soon enough how much playing time he would get.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, January 24, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

worth picking up in a 12 teamer?

I'd add Arthur slightly earlier than most players due to the Hollinger tout and lack of backcourt depth.

^ this

the Lakers made C.J. Miles look like a perennial all-star for crying out loud

what a bunch of stupid posts ^^^^^^^

Great game from Arthur, regardless of who it was against.

He will only get better too

1 person likes this

sure why not!

scooped him for jason thompson so no real risk...he played with a lot of energy tonight and displayed his mid-range game

what a bunch of stupid posts ^^^^^^^

Great game from Arthur, regardless of who it was against.

He will only get better too

Somebody turned off their humor button.

1 person likes this