Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Super Bowl XLVII Game Thread -- San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens

305 posts in this topic

Greatest LB of his generation vs Greatest WR of his generation? The Brow vs The Schnoz? Frank Gore vs Ed Reed? Boldin or Crabtree? V Davis or Torrey Smith? Any of these the main storyline that BSPN has been handing us? Nah....It's about the coaches, silly. Bro vs Bro, Bro! Here's the place to chat about the game and to make your call.....Let's see it. These two guys are goofy looking.

130121131518-harbaugh-kids-t1-wide.jpg

Whatever happens, LT is the greatest LB in the history of the sport.

Let's go ... 9ers? Don't wanna root for Harbaugh West, can't root for Lewis ...

9ers 3 - Ravens 2. Alex Smith MVP.

This game will come down to the QB's. Both defenses are playing hard right now. Both have good RB's/WR's/TE's. Kaep and Flacco are both playing good right now. Whichever ones puts up the better numbers will likely be the winner. I'm going with Flacco and the Ravens, but obviously, I'm very biased.

The game they played on Thanksgiving was a massive bore-fest.

I have had enough of Ray Lewis' obnoxious posturing, so...go 9ers.

SFO wins 27-20. Moss catches the game winning td with less than a minute left in the 4thQ and cabbage patches in the endzone.

We havent had a bye team win in 3 yrs and i think the trend continues.

The Ravens have that magical carpet ride kinda feel to them this yr a la the GMen/Pack in recent yrs.

Ravens, 23, Niners 20 (Akers missing a last second fg to get it to OT)

Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaurg, Ray Lewis, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh Ed Reed,Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Kaepernick.

That's about sums up everything that will be discussed on the NFL Network, ESPN, and any other sports outlet.

Why do we have to suffer through a Pro Bowl next week :(

Probably the worst All Star game possible as it resembles nothing like the actual sport. I wish we could just have crazy athletic competitions like QB throwing drills, crazy races, weight lifting, even a rowdy game of FLAG football would be more entertaining than real football.

Seeing guys have a count down before they can rush the QB and guys yanking flags off these stars would be kinda funny.

Kaepernick's scrambling is the key to the Harbowl, if the Ravens can keep Kaep's scramble yardage low while still slowing down the running game the Ravens should win. But this is gonna be a conservative snoozer as either brother wont want to be the one that makes the first mistake.

Kaepernick's scrambling is the key to the Harbowl, if the Ravens can keep Kaep's scramble yardage low while still slowing down the running game the Ravens should win. But this is gonna be a conservative snoozer as either brother wont want to be the one that makes the first mistake.

It will be tough to account for both Gore and Kaep. Plus they can bring in James to bring in a little different style from Gore. And Kaep showed he can get it done through the air as well. I think Niners win this one, and Jimmy looks like a genius for the switch. Kaep SB MVP.

We havent had a bye team win in 3 yrs and i think the trend continues.

The Ravens have that magical carpet ride kinda feel to them this yr a la the GMen/Pack in recent yrs.

Ravens, 23, Niners 20 (Akers missing a last second fg to get it to OT)

Well if we want to bring up history, Niners are 5-0 in the SB, and how big to join Pitt and the steel curtain as the only franchises to win 6 Superbowls. Interesting thought though - Niners have two weeks to possibly tryout a new kicker. Anyone think that is a viable option?

Two extremely similar teams, obviously, as the coaches are brothers. Both teams first and foremost have very sound, tough and hard nosed defenses, good and solid protection from their offensive lines and a strong ability to run the football with quality RB's.

It comes down to the QB play. I think Flacco is more ready for this than Kaep. Flacco is inconsistent in the reg season, but sure knows how to take it to another level in the postseason. It will be close but Ravens by less than a TD. Torrey could come up huge on Super Bowl Sunday.

Kaepernick injured by Ray Lewis

Alex Smith forced to come in with 2 min left ... drives team down the field for game winning fieldgoal ...

Akers nails it off crossbar, bounces in.

SF 3-2, capping off most boring SB in color television history.

The game they played on Thanksgiving was a massive bore-fest.

on the contrary it was a great game. baltimore and suggs were murdering the Niners oline. Niners defense was a stonewall that Ravens just couldnt penetrate.

alas, no Ladarius Webb and banged up Justin Smith along with Niners losing novelty of their D (and Ravens really not a scary D anymore) will make the offenses much more capable.

Im tired of super bowl the show. give me WAR. last year BAL vs SFO in the superbowl would be war. this year, not so sure.

I like the idea of another team with 6 Lombardi trophies to match the Steelers, but I will be plenty happy for Ed Reed and Ray Lewis to take one home and end their marvelous careers on such a high note. Both Offenses should be dynamic, both Defenses will lay the lumber. I see a boring first half of tough defensive plays, but a crazy second half where the last team with the ball will ultimately win it all.

Kaepernick vs the almight 52 will be interesting.

I can't believe I have to root for Jim Harbaugh, but I like pretty much everything else about the 9ers.

Plus, if they win, I can at least say the Giants beat the SB champs.

Kaepernick vs the almight 52 will be interesting.

I can't believe I have to root for Jim Harbaugh, but I like pretty much everything else about the 9ers.

Plus, if they win, I can at least say the Giants beat the SB champs.

Haha yeah the Giants beating the Pats last year was a little consolation for losing to them in the NFC Championship. I mean World Series and SB in the "same year," I want to go to another parade!!

I like the idea of another team with 6 Lombardi trophies to match the Steelers, but I will be plenty happy for Ed Reed and Ray Lewis to take one home and end their marvelous careers on such a high note. Both Offenses should be dynamic, both Defenses will lay the lumber. I see a boring first half of tough defensive plays, but a crazy second half where the last team with the ball will ultimately win it all.

Me too, except I see the 9ers with the ball last, and have a mid range FG and Akers shenks it! He has lost all his confidence and missed an easy 38 yarder last week.

Do you guys think there will be any interesting special team plays? Like the saints onside kick a few years ago? I didn't watch either team a whole lot during the regular season so not sure if they pulled any rabbits out of their hats. Plus if I was a Harbaugh I would definitely try one of these because if it worked I would be able to rub it in my brothers face for life, and tell the grandchildren about it!!!

Really pumped for this game. I think SF wins but will be close. Flacco has been great these playoffs and will continue but Kaepernick will prove to be to much!

my biased pick says 49ers in a close one with the score in the high 20's

my objective pick says toss-up.....if the niners were playing def like they're truly capable of playing, then i'd have more confidence picking them..

It's going to be a good game in my opinion. The Ravens have beat some of the best teams in the AFC, namely the Broncos and Patriots. No one really gave them a chance coming into the postseason, as most people were picking either the Pats or Broncos to represent the AFC in the Superbowl. And ever since the 49ers brought in Kaepernick, that offense looks more dangerous than it was before with Smith. Pair that with that defense, and the 49ers are one dominant team.

I would like to see the Ravens win, with Lewis retiring and all. Either way though, it should end up being a very good game as it should be close throughout.

Call me crazy, I have a hard time rooting for someone that was convicted of obstructing the investigation of a double homicide committed in his presence.

but that's just me.

Call me crazy, I have a hard time rooting for someone that was convicted of obstructing the investigation of a double homicide committed in his presence.

but that's just me.

You need to calm down about Lewis. You keep posting about how much you hate him because of his whole legal mess. That happened 13 years ago. As sad as it is, there are a lot of pro athletes that have been involved in legal issues. Lewis is not that same person as he was 13 years ago.

No you're right he's different now ... he "found Jesus" and asks like he's not a self promoting douche with 6 kids from 4 different women he didn't marry. It's not just that whole murder thing that happened I dont care how many years ago. I guess obstructing a murder investigation is just a "legal issue" when it's a player on the team you root for.

I'm not looking for choir boys, but it is absolutely pathetic that people actually applaud and root for this guy like he's some hero.

Since both parties have made it abundantly clear where they stand on this conundrum of law and morality, let's halt the merry-go-round and move on.

Thanks,

1 person likes this