Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stiltz

Keep David Wilson or Justin Blackmon?

12 posts in this topic

I'm in a 16 team standard scoring keeper league with return yards (1 pt. per 30 yards) included. I have to submit next seasons keepers by the Super Bowl, which poses a problem because I don't know next years ADP etc. We can keep 3 players for 3 seasons each.

My choices have been narrowed down to: Colin Kaepernick, DeMarco Murray, David Wilson, and Justin Blackmon. I'm pretty sure I'll be holding onto Kaepernick and Murray, so that leaves Blackmon or Wilson in my final keeper spot.

Word is that Wilson could be the top dog in NY next year, and if so, he could hold huge value. If not, he'll still see the ball a lot and will most likely resume kick returns. As for Blackmon, he looks like he could be great, but the QB situation is very worrying and I have no idea how the Jags will address that in the offseason. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of seeing how things will unfold in the offseason.

I could always keep them both and leave Murray as the odd man out. I don't like that idea too much though because I think Murray is going to break out and hopefully actually stay healthy. I'm not considering dropping Kaepernick.

This league also allows future draft pick trades, so I traded most of my player assets for 2013/14 draft picks- mostly because I inherited a crappy team this season (that just ended) and knew I couldn't compete for the money. I ended up acquiring two 2nd rounders and three 3rd rounders while still keeping my 1st. This means that one of my keepers may not even be in my starting lineup most weeks, outside of injury. Therefore, I think should keep the one with the most upside. Which one do you think has more potential to really break out?

Id go Wilson. RBs like him are harder to find. He is crazy explosive. Kap,Murray,Wilson are 3 very solid keepers to me.

Kaepernick, Wilson, Murray.

WRs are dime-a-dozen after the top 10 or so ... you shouldn't have a problem getting Blackmon back.

Wilson for sure. Bradshaw is another year older & slower heading into next season. NYG want to give David the ball more. For other keepers roll with Murray & Kaep

Thanks for the input everyone. I did end up keeping Wilson, Kaep, and Murray. Then news came out that Bradshaw is gone and now Wilson may be a great keeper. We'll see.

NY will make Wilson their starter now with Bradshaw gone. David becomes the man!

Wilson. RB isnt as deep as it was before. Hes going to get the touches, so to me its a no brainer. Blackmon is great, but if no one can get him the ball, hes useless.