Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keep it ONE hunnid

Jimmy Butler 2012-2013 Season Outlook

176 posts in this topic

Thibs loves running his big guns into the ground so I don't see huge minutes when Deng's back. He deserves more minutes for sure but I'm not sure he'll get them.

Looks like a stud in the making though. Nice stash in dynasty leagues.

Hopefully he can get some minutes at SG when Deng returns. If they can cut Deng's minutes a bit and give him playing time at SG maybe he gets 20+ minutes. He deserves minutes after his stellar defense on Gay and Kobe.

He should be started until Deng gets back, he almost is good at every category except 3s and blks. As long as Deng plays though he'll be pretty limited fantasy wise

The Bulls need guys who can score. He can create his own shot and get to the rim. He also appears to be a good defender. He should be able to steal minutes from Hamilton. My only concern would be that he doesn't shoot well from behind the three point line. The Bulls need more perimeter scorers, especially once Rose comes back.

In deep leagues he should be owned, 12 teams and lower probably not. He took advantage of a weak D today and he's going to be inconsistent but if Deng or even Rip miss time again look out

The Bulls need guys who can score. He can create his own shot and get to the rim. He also appears to be a good defender. He should be able to steal minutes from Hamilton. My only concern would be that he doesn't shoot well from behind the three point line. The Bulls need more perimeter scorers, especially once Rose comes back.

Jimmy is a great defender. He wants to guard the Carmelo's and Lebrons.

Anyone who defends this well will get plenty of playing time under the current regime. Its just a fact.

I think he's an intriguing prospect. If he logs another 30 minute game, I'm picking him up. I could see him averaging 10 points, 7 boards, and 1 steal with good percentages. Nothing flashy, but a solid last player on your team.

Can someone please provide some insight On this guy? I never heard of him until last week. But That was without Deng in the lineup. I'm thinking of picking him up from waivers... ovet Martell Webster and Kawhi Leonard.

Can Butler keep up of this production? What can we expect from him rest of season?

Tom Thibodeau said that Jimmy Butler is "a big part of the team" following Monday's win.

I already owned him (deep league) but I'm not sure if his minutes are going to keep up. I think he'll steal Rip Hamilton's minutes so maybe around 22-25 average is a good bet, watch the situation. Deng definitely needs to rest a little more since it's the second half of the season, and Rose may help both of them on the offensive end, once he is back.

Tom Thibodeau said that Jimmy Butler is "a big part of the team" following Monday's win.

I already owned him (deep league) but I'm not sure if his minutes are going to keep up. I think he'll steal Rip Hamilton's minutes so maybe around 22-25 average is a good bet, watch the situation. Deng definitely needs to rest a little more since it's the second half of the season, and Rose may help both of them on the offensive end, once he is back.

Well I'm in a 10 man league .. so maybe I should look elsewhere. 22-25 minutes are not going to cut it for me.

Martell Webster Maybe my guy To pick up.

Can someone please provide some insight On this guy? I never heard of him until last week. But That was without Deng in the lineup. I'm thinking of picking him up from waivers... ovet Martell Webster and Kawhi Leonard.

Can Butler keep up of this production? What can we expect from him rest of season?

He's good, but no Kawhi.

Well I'm in a 10 man league .. so maybe I should look elsewhere. 22-25 minutes are not going to cut it for me.

He's getting waaay more than 22-25 minutes lately. Check his game logs. He got 31 minutes WITH Deng back.

He's good, but no Kawhi.

He's getting waaay more than 22-25 minutes lately. Check his game logs. He got 31 minutes WITH Deng back.

31 minutes was only because Deng just returned from an injury. Deng will creep back to 35-37 minutes in no time. Im still liking Webster better...I think.

I'm intrigued.

What is his long term value? I have a strict move limit in my league...

Do you think this guy plays 25-30 min the rest of the season?

The good thing about Butler is that he will start/get 35+ minutes per game if either Deng or Hamilton get hurt, which is more than probable.