Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

Is Will Smith a good actor?

x   37 members have voted

1. 1. Will Smith is a...

• Good actor
    • Average or even a bad actor

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Will Smith is an above-average to good actor and gigantic movie star. Strictly on acting chops, he doesn't have a lot of range but is very capable of delivering a great performance in the proper role (Six Degrees, Ali, parts of Pursuit of Happyness). He's at an interesting part of his career as he's built up enough capital in Hollywood to really take on some diverse and provocative roles that would challenge his typecasting but he doesn't appear interested in doing this.

He passed on Django because he thought it was too violent, although he says it was because of scheduling conflicts with MIB3. Instead of pushing his boundaries he's decided to push the career of his kid and do mindless sequels like MIB3, I, Robot 2, and Bad Boys 3. He risks becoming a brand like Eddie Murphy or Sly Stallone, two other very talented actors who instead chose being typecast while making tons of money. Nothing wrong with that, but unless he does an about face, he's going to be marginalized as an artist. Good actor? Yea, mostly because of his likeability and ability to do both comedic and dramatic roles competently. Great actor? Nope.

2 people like this

PB said it all, but Im a child of The Fresh Prince era and will always have respect for the guy. I like that he keeps it clean (for the most part) w/o being a total chump. His music isnt my style, but whatever. Legend of Bagger Vance was on the other day, underrated good movie, and he does well in it

Will Smith is one of my favorite top actors. Independence day is one of my favoritie blockbusters of all time. Seeing Will Smith destroy those aliens made me so happy. i hope they make Independece Day in 3D someday in the near future. Fresh Prince was a good show on NBC

note, rotoworld is powered by NBC sports, i have to mention this disclaimer so i dont seem biased. thats what the news people do.

I'd say "No."

He hasn't done anything spectacular and he's pretty one-dimensional. But, the majority of his movies are entertaining. I guess. When you watch Brad Pitt in Se7en or Daniel-Day Lewis in Gangs of New York, you'll see good acting.

He was good in The Pursuit of Happyness and Hancock. Other then that, he's just another generic actor that'll fly through Hollywood.

I think he was hilarious in Fresh Prince and still love watching it.

Good but not great.

Anyone seen After Earth? Horrible reviews and suppose to be a huge bust. Probably didnt help in the argument for him being a good actor.

grew up watching the fresh prince thought he was great on there and after watching him on men in black i just knew he was the best. he can play many roles and it just looks natural.

Will Smith is a terrible actor. I can't believe this is even a thread.