Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazybob60

Leandro Barbosa 2012-2013 Season Outlook

14 posts in this topic

I didn't see a thread for him out there.

But Barbosa got a lot of the minutes in the double OT game today against the Heat since Rondo is now out.

Do we see him getting a lot more minutes because of this?

I'd rather have Bradley, Lee or Terry. But there's a good chance they all eat each others value up.

I think out of Bradley, Lee or Terry, Barbosa will likely have the most value followed by Terry. But, I think neither of them are worth owning and are all average guards at best at this point in their careers. I see the Celtics giving Terry and Barbosa more minutes to increase their trade value, because they will likely make moves sooner rather than later now that Rondo is out for the year.

I added him in a 20 team league, not expecting much perhaps 18-20 minutes ?

20 team league? Definitely a spec add. At this point in time, we'll have to see how this plays out (rotations and minutes among the guards). If Barbosa can carve out some serious minutes and produce (key is Boston winning of course and staying in the playoff hunt), then I would believe it's less likely GM/Ainge seeks out a trade for a PG to replace Rondo. Barbosa, if producing can contribute in 3s, pts, ast, and stls. Something to monitor....

he looks alot slower now a days... old age catching up to him?

that and torn ACL. This guy was a fantasy stud back in his heyday... he's back in Phoenix so who knows maybe they gave him the fountain of youth and he might start to resemble half of the player he once was.

If his shot continues to fall, could be useful for points, 3's, and occcasional 3's. i could see 12-13 points, 1.2 3 pt, 1 steal and shooting 80% line

Definitely keep an eye on his minutes and numbers. Who knows, maybe he deserves a new outlook thread!

Soo why was last season's Barbosa thread bumped again?

to see if he's worth creating a new one for this year