Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nittanychris

Which one would you protect?

8 posts in this topic

10 team, AL-Only Auction League with $260 cap. 12 hitters, 8 pitchers. I have ONE protect left and here are my options:

$11 Austin Jackson

$7 Alex Rios

$6 Addison Reed

$1 Tom Milone

$12 Alejandro De Aza

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

For me, it's between Rios and Jackson, and it all depends on your value of each player. Personally, for me, I like Jackson to take a step forward, while Rios takes one back.

It's definitely between Rios and A-JAx. The rest aren't even i the conversation. I'd go with Jackson because he has a lot more potential than Rios. We've seen the best Rios has to offer and should theoretically start to see a decline while A-Jax should only go up.

Thanks for the input. Rios was a MONSTER for me last season but he is so damn unpredictable year to year. I think AJax is on the way up too and I think he's a solid bet to get back to respectable SB numbers this season also. I do like Reed as a cheap closer too, but it's probably down to AJax and Rios as you both noted.

I think BrewCrew has it nailed, you have similar players in AJax and Rios, but AJax has lots more upside to offer. If Leyland ever takes the reins off, dude could steal 50 bases. I can't figure that one out, he's got elite speed. Alas....

I go Austin Jackson and it's not close...

Agree. With the hitter around him I would definitely choose him.