Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulchritidunous

Team Help

7 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm completely green to hockey and only just started fantasy with some mates over the net. I'm absolutely clueless though and my team is already 6/8. I was wondering if any one can comment on the overall structure of my team and whether or not it should improve its score?

My team and league settings are in my signature.

I have tried to improve the team by waivers but I'm not sure I've been doing good with my picks so I'd appreciate any ww suggestions or even trade targets too.

I'll list a few WW candidates as its a shallow league there's a lot to take

C

Stastny

Briere

Hanzal

Kadri

Bolland

Zajac

Bozak

Berglund

Grabovski

RW

Havlat

Brunner

Hornqvist

Grabner

Kaissian

Read

D.Clarkson

Aucoin

LW

Cloew

Ladd

D.Brown

Kadri

Boedker

Grabner

Steen

Glencross

Sullivan

D

Wisniewski

Subban

Diaz

Tyutin

Fowler

Souray

Robidas

Kostka

Salo

Brewer

Leddy

G

Lindback

Ellis

Bobrovsky

Neuvirth

Harding

Scrivens

Thanks for any help!

Ok so I got rid of Myers and Mueller for Clarkson and Brown. Hope that beefs up my forwards

Do you think I need to get rid of Holtby for someone like Bobrovsky? Also is Cam Atkinson someone worth holding onto when he gets back and off the IR?

Cut Zidlicky. Get either Diaz or Wiznewski. I would cut Holtby for Lindback. I don't think Schenn is going to work in Philly in an 8 team league. Dustin Brown or Steen are safer bets. U can also cut Myers for Salo or Souray. As for ur IR slot i wouldnt sweat it too bad either swap him out for another IR guy. Or just leave him on IR when he returns to see how he does.

Thanks klassic, he just came off the waiver wire. Chose to swap him for Carle and keep Zidlicky as Carle's points despite TB's winning streak are crap.

Also appreciated hailfire. I decided to do

Clarkson/Brown/Lindback in for Mueller/Myers/Holtby. Signature now updated with italics players the new ones this week.

So far so good, 2 trades in performed and only 1 trade out did anything (Mueller). Subban in makes it 4/5 waiver aquistions already this week, so may wait it out now to see what happens.

Right now the underperformers for the team are Schenn, Seguin, Suter, Yakupov. Nail's hitting some form but the other 3 should bounce back and certainly not getting rid of Suter or Seguin. Schenn I'm holding out for because out of the out of form Flyers he is in best position to bounce back I reckon.

Next waiver aquisition targets are likely to be out of Tyutin, Ladd, Kadri. Kaissian

And Bob is just haunting me at the moment. Bench is 5 strong. I have 1 G there and I like a D there too for rotation and have the rest on bench and utils as forwards, trying to aquire the best possible to rotate through, the likes of Seguin.Yakupov.Conchar, Hodgson, Clarkson etc.

Not sure how worth it would be to have 4 goalies. It was something I've pondered since releasing Holtby.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help on mine. I saw in another post you made that you're a Flyers fan and I noticed that you have Crosby on your team? Lol I had to get that in there as a Pens fan.

Looking over your team and your league's scoring settings I would say that having 4 goalies could be an idea you should entertain. In any fantasy hockey league Goalies are the most important position in my opinion. They normally contribute in 40 - 50% of any leagues scoring. I believe that having good goaltending normally means that you have a shot at making the playoffs or winning the whole thing. Also, normally I only carry 3 defensemen on my team at any one point. They really don't contribute that much from a fantasy standpoint. However, my league doesn't have Hits or Blocked Shots as a stat categories, but they are only worth .2 and .1, respectively. Therefore, I would drop down to at least 4 defensemen and get rid of Zidlicky for another goalie or forward.

The only other guy on your team that I would consider dropping at this time would be Schenn, but I would still wait on them to see if he can turn it around.

Thanks for the help on mine. I saw in another post you made that you're a Flyers fan and I noticed that you have Crosby on your team? Lol I had to get that in there as a Pens fan.

I hate drafiting third :( At least I can say it was me putting the mockers on him if he keeps this slow start up. :D

Looking over your team and your league's scoring settings I would say that having 4 goalies could be an idea you should entertain. In any fantasy hockey league Goalies are the most important position in my opinion. They normally contribute in 40 - 50% of any leagues scoring. I believe that having good goaltending normally means that you have a shot at making the playoffs or winning the whole thing. Also, normally I only carry 3 defensemen on my team at any one point. They really don't contribute that much from a fantasy standpoint. However, my league doesn't have Hits or Blocked Shots as a stat categories, but they are only worth .2 and .1, respectively. Therefore, I would drop down to at least 4 defensemen and get rid of Zidlicky for another goalie or forward.

The only other guy on your team that I would consider dropping at this time would be Schenn, but I would still wait on them to see if he can turn it around.

Thanks, I'll certainly consider it. Big blunder was drafting only 2 goalies originally. I had no idea though, so glad I got away with it coming out with a relatively decent team.