Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Milwaukee Brewers 2013 Outlook

26 posts in this topic

I like it, but Im a sucker for retro gear.

Agreed...love the old unis, especially when they are more authentic. The stuff sold in the cooperstown collection however is a little cheese, I see guys at the yard with throwback uniforms of guys who werent playing for the team when that particular uniform was being used or its just not that close to the real deal.

I love seeing teams like the Royals going back to the light blue from the late 70's and early 80's, though not blue on blue. Seems like 1/4 of the league during that era worked that color scheme into their uniform.

I like them but if I am reading that article right they are only wearing these for a couple spring training games...

From the 3 finalists selected, I would have went with this one (it's the one on the far right, also highlighted below the three options). I love the classic blue and yellow with the mitt logo personally.

I dig it! From a fantasy perspective, Hart's injury is a big one - liked the dual 1B/OF eligibility he provided, but t sounds like he could be down for a while. Jean Segura is a guy I like as a late round flier in deep leagues - he doesn't walk as much as I'd like (better OBP and he's a prototype #1 or 2 hitter), but love the SB potential.

From the 3 finalists selected, I would have went with this one (it's the one on the far right, also highlighted below the three options). I love the classic blue and yellow with the mitt logo personally.

Yeah having not seen all three options I agree, the mitt logo is my favorite as well.

The Brewer Tin Man has very dainty, delicate feet.

You know what they say...must not swing a very big stick that Brewer Tin Man.

I like the new logo. He does have some dainty feet.

Lookin forward to seeing Scooter Gennett, and what he'll bring to the table once Rickie is put out to pasture. Hope he has a good spring training.

Tough break for Brewers fans. Who plays 1st while Hart is rehabbing?

Mat Gamel (knee) has been ruled out for the season.

Gamel re-injured his surgically-repaired right knee on Saturday in camp. It's another tough development for the Brewers, who were going to rely on Gamel as their starter at first base this season until Corey Hart recovered from his own recent knee procedure. The Milwaukee front office will have to reconsider outside options to fill the hole at a premium offensive position

If they stay with someone on the team, the likely player is Taylor Green, but I'd expect them to sign a free agent for cheap to come in and play. Maybe Carlos Lee.

If they stay with someone on the team, the likely player is Taylor Green, but I'd expect them to sign a free agent for cheap to come in and play. Maybe Carlos Lee.

That would definitely give Lee a temporary value bump.

Could they play aramis at 1b and Alex Gonzalez at 3B?

Although I honestly don't know what prospects they have that are readyish at 3b or 1b

In house, what are people's thoughts on Hunter Morris? He played well in AA, but struggled in the AFL.

He'd definitely be intriguing, but I'm not sure he is ready.

RR has made some questionable decisions, but I'm not going to lay the blame of having to put out 58 different lineups and dealing that s--- show of a rotation at his feet. It's not his fault he's had to play Yuni B, Halton, Fat Juan, A Gon, Bianchi, Gindle, Hellweg, Hand, and Lalli. His supposed ace is having his worst year. Hart, Braun and ARam are dealing with injuries. Blame more of that on Melvin.

As a Brewers fan, I can only be excited about the trade deadline and that sweet possible top 3 pick next year.

I was "undecided" when we hired RR as I just didn't know who he really was. Then as I got to know him from his interviews and such, I started to like him but it's hard to like him after this season...it's also hard to endorse Melvin's work lately as well!! Not sure what the answer would be with those 2 but making the right deals at the deadline would do them both a world of good lol!! Any speculations on who the Brew Crew would select if they end up getting that all important 3rd pick next year????