Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwalkerus

who is my 5th keeper? WHIR

11 posts in this topic

20 team keeper 6x6 in our 11th year.

Keep 5 players. Rosters r as follow

Catcher to OF with no middle infielder, no corner infielder and 1 utility.

Keepers r 1b votto, 3b lawrie, mccutchen OF and Bautista Of.

My 5th keeper is from these group of guys, machado, profar, scherzer or latos?

My first thought was machado but that would mean having 2 3b. I'd have to play one at utility. I was planning on drafting a power bat for my util spot along the lines of a konerko/Ike davis.

What would u do? Keep one of the bats or keep one of the starting pitchers even though my strategy has always been draft SP late.

Appreciate any info. Thanks so much.

Keep Lawrie and Machado. Machado is projected to be a SS and I don't see them moving away from that. I think Hardy will be moved midway through this year because the O's are likely finishing last in the division.

Machado. As much as I like Profar, I think Machado will be much more valuable from a fantasy perspective throughout his career.

You are only keeping 5, so in a twenty team league it seems unproductive to keep anyone outside the overall top 100. You first 4 are a solid start, and since your utility can come from any position, I'd say it's a mistake to lock that slot up with an unproven rookie at a position you already have a starter for. There's nothing wrong with saving pitching for later, but in this case you aren't keeping your most valuable pieces by dropping them. Keep a pitcher, I vote Scherzer, but I'd not fault you for keeping Latos. Focus your early draft on MI and SP. Good luck!! BTW see Jason Heyward's year 2 to year 3 jump. Lawrie has that kind of talent and upside. They call it a sophomore slump for a reason!

Past 4 years I have 3 3rd place finishes and a 1st. I'm thinking of keeping.machado and hoping scherzer is there when I make.my first pick.

And in this league I might try and deal machado for a SP in spring training. A lot of owners love young talent.

Would love to hear some.more thoughts.

Thanks everyone who responsed.

I was originally gonna suggest Scherzer, but after looking at it Machado is too good in this format to pass up -- look at it this way, who's more likely to be a Top 5 rounder next year? Scherzer, Latos or Machado? I would say most people would say Machado; Scherzer and Latos could make steps up, but they still probably wouldn't be 5th rounders, where as Machado has emerging power with plus speed for a Corner Infielder (3B is a nasty position, having 2 solid young ones on your roster keeps them off other teams rosters), plus he could convert back to SS at some point when Hardy leaves.