Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Tayshaun Prince 2012-2013 Season Outlook

40 posts in this topic

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA

Memphis officials spent day calling around to do background on Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, sources tell Y!

austin daye speculative add?

Nice callout, yeah Im keeping an eye on the pistons scenario

Although, they could move singler back to SF and start 2 of Calderon/Knight/Stuckey

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA

Memphis officials spent day calling around to do background on Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, sources tell Y!

austin daye speculative add?

Nice callout, yeah Im keeping an eye on the pistons scenario

Although, they could move singler back to SF and start 2 of Calderon/Knight/Stuckey

yea im not sure what would happen. Detriot has never like playing daye ever. His super fantasy friendly but they just never given him steady mins.

Prince worth an add in Memphis? I would assume no.

He could have more energy playing for a legit playoff team. I'm thinking about it...

1 person likes this

I know this is a strange place to ask. But is anyone here familiar with the Detroit rotations? Will this possibly open up any more minutes for Charlie Villanueva?

He takes even more of a hit than when he was with DET. If you just started watching the NBA and saw how they played you would think Prince was on the same tier with LeBron and Melo with the way they iso'd him on the wing.

1 person likes this

He takes even more of a hit than when he was with DET. If you just started watching the NBA and saw how they played you would think Prince was on the same tier with LeBron and Melo with the way they iso'd him on the wing.

Well, I dropped Ben Gordon for Tayshaun in one league. It's a speculative pick up more than anything. I don't expect Tayshaun to be a worldbeater, but I'm hoping he can be somewhat of a glue guy that helps you everywhere.

i picked him up also... i think he averages 15 pts / 5 rebounds / 4-6 assists and two 3s a game.... the grizzlies play team basketball and I think he can fit in nicely

i picked him up also... i think he averages 15 pts / 5 rebounds / 4-6 assists and two 3s a game.... the grizzlies play team basketball and I think he can fit in nicely

srsly..? His career highs are 14.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.0 3s a game. You're expecting quite a bit..

yeah but now hes on a team that plays only a few guys a lot of mins a night... gasol/randolph/conley will allow him to get better shots and him passing to them can help him tally up assists... just pure speculation but i think its possible!!! only other thing that can happen is they decide to start daye and then prince retains no value

I'm thinking 22/12/4 with 2/2/2 on .525/.81 shooting with .8 TO. Profiles a bit like a rich man's 06 marion. I just traded Durant for him.

I'm thinking 22/12/4 with 2/2/2 on .525/.81 shooting with .8 TO. Profiles a bit like a rich man's 06 marion. I just traded Durant for him.

Wow, that is taking sarcasm to another level. Why mock the guy for being optimistic? I think now that Rudy Gay is gone, the Grizzlies will stick Prince in at SF and be just as strong of a team. What they lose in athleticism, they gain in high IQ, good positioning basketball. It was a good trade IMO. Prince does a lot of things well, but nothing great. With the talent around him, his number could look a lot like Chandler Parsons from the Rockets with less steals but also less TO's. He won't get a lot of hype, but will consistently make the right decisions on the court, be in the right places, and contribute a little all around.

I'm predicting

14pts / 4.5 rebs / 3.5 asts / and good percentages. Not much in the stock categories, but he's a great guy to add to a 12 team league and forget about.

nah hes just semi-retarded....he prob did trade durant for prince b/c hes a vegan zombie.. if prince averages that ill be back in here to laugh in your face.. im petty like that

Tayshaun Prince is washed up, and it'll be clearly apparent in Memphis.

He doesn't have much of an offensive game. He's a decent defender, but not like he used to be.

Now the Grizz don't have anyone who can draw defensive attention like Rudy Gay could.

in my opinion the Grizz screwed up.

Those numbers aren't THAT far-fetched bro. Not the jibberish the Veganzombie dude is saying, but if Prince put up almost 15 points a game, I wouldn't be surprised. I bet he will be VERY efficient with that Grizzlies offense, Conley distributing the ball well, and Gasol/Randolph attracting a lot attention and/or double teams. Prince may be on the downside of his career, but the dude has talent. Now he also has motivation, a guy to feed him, and others to open up the court.

I'm really excited to see less ISO's and more team ball from Memphis.

Tayshaun Prince is washed up, and it'll be clearly apparent in Memphis.

He doesn't have much of an offensive game. He's a decent defender, but not like he used to be.

Now the Grizz don't have anyone who can draw defensive attention like Rudy Gay could.

in my opinion the Grizz screwed up.

You could be right, but I'll disagree. I guess we will have to wait and see. Maybe a few games to get used to his teammates, but I'm pretty high on Prince.

Those numbers aren't THAT far-fetched bro. Not the jibberish the Veganzombie dude is saying, but if Prince put up almost 15 points a game, I wouldn't be surprised. I bet he will be VERY efficient with that Grizzlies offense, Conley distributing the ball well, and Gasol/Randolph attracting a lot attention and/or double teams. Prince may be on the downside of his career, but the dude has talent. Now he also has motivation, a guy to feed him, and others to open up the court.

I'm really excited to see less ISO's and more team ball from Memphis.

They're very farfetched. 4-6 assists and 2 threes is laughable at best. His career high is 1 three and 3.3 assists and they weren't in the same season. He's a career .459/.766 guy. That's not good percentages. He's best left on the wire.

the dude was sitting on the waiver wire the whole season, while playing on a team that was the most ideal for him in his advanced age.

Now you're saying he'll produce even better on a team such as the Grizzlies? I highly doubt it.

I expect him to be worse, inconsistent. And they'll probably give more PT to Austin Daye.