Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

countingcrow

Taj Gibson 2012-2013 Season Outlook

159 posts in this topic

Don't look now but Gibson's value could be on the verge of a major increase...

Boozer is out tonight (hamstring -- consecutive games missed) and Noah is questionable with a foot injury that came out of nowhere. Neither Boozer nor Noah have ever been considered iron men and with the amount of minutes (38) that Noah has been playing this season it's a little surprising that it has taken this long before some type of injury popped up.

Gibson has started two games this season and his numbers are as follows:

17.5 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 3.0 BPG with an average of 39 minutes played.

If Noah's foot injury turns out to be of the nagging variety (plantar fasciitis?) and/or Boozer can't shake his soft-tissue injuries, Gibson is going to be a hot pick up.

What this guy doesnt already have a thread? He's poised to really break out next if the Bulls decide to amnesty Boozer. Pretty good dynasty league stash.

hmm i was considering picking him up but do you really think they'll amnesty boozer? with the minutes he could be the next colonel sanders.

Joakim Noah (foot) said he will not play in Friday's game against the Nets.

Per ESPN Chicago, Noah is suffering from "recurring problems with plantar fasciaitis." It's among the two worst words owners can hear. During the 2010-11 season, Noah missed more than two full months due to the injury. He says he's sitting out now as a precaution so the issue doesn't get worse, but owners need to stay on top of this. Adding Taj Gibson as insurance is a strong play.

This dude has played the whole game so far. lol@ thibs

Anyone think Boozer will get amnestied this season? Taj is a major sleeper, other than FT% he is pretty solid in all the other big man cats.

this is nuts, the entire chicago team is going straight to the infirmary, but it's amazing for fantasy waiver pickups--taj and butler are stepping up with big time minutes.

taj has pretty good per-36 numbers too, so if he gets a chance, he could be a marcin gortat type of player, with worse FG%.

the amnesty period has ended per salary cap/cba rules

Anyone think Boozer will get amnestied this season? Taj is a major sleeper, other than FT% he is pretty solid in all the other big man cats.

I live in Chicago/huge Bulls fan, no reason to amnesty Boozer...he's been really good this season.

The thought all along was that if they're going to amnesty him it would be after the 13-14 season anyways.

I live in Chicago/huge Bulls fan, no reason to amnesty Boozer...he's been really good this season.

The thought all along was that if they're going to amnesty him it would be after the 13-14 season anyways.

Boozer hasn't been that bad this year, but his contract is horrible...If they amnesty him and start Taj, it will give them cap space to get a proper 2 guard...I just don't trust Hamilton to stay healthy.

Joakim Noah - F/C - Bulls

Joakim Noah has swelling and plantar fasciitis in his foot, and there is no timetable for his return.

"My foot is swelling (and) is bothering me," Noah said. "Plantar fasciitis is kind of coming back, so I have issues with my foot. It's frustrating, but I'm hoping that with a little bit of rest I'll be all right." Noah has chronic plantar fasciitis which is not what fantasy owners want to hear, but Noah is treating it more aggressively and being smarter about it than he had been in the past. The bad news is Noah said that the pain "started about 10 days ago" and has been getting "worse and worse." It would be a pretty big surprise if Noah was able to play on Saturday, meaning Taj Gibson should play big minutes once again regardless of Carlos Boozer's (hamstring) status.

Related: Carlos Boozer, Taj Gibson

Source: ESPN Chicago

Feb 2 - 8:48 AM

You cannot amnesty a player in the middle of the season

the amnesty period has ended per salary cap/cba rules

This is a false statement.