Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkyume

Historical WTF Lines

39 posts in this topic

Yesterday's line:

2/5/2013: Sammy D. goes for 32 pts/12 reb, 1 blk on 17/21 shots.

Here's my addition:

11/16/2007: Damien Wilkens goes for 41 pts, 9 reb, 2 ast on 15/20 shots, 4 threes

Just remembered another from this season:

1/12/2013: Super Mario Chalmers goes for 34 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl on 12/16 shots, 10 threes

Kobe's 82 point game was pretty wtf.

I wouldn't say it was. The dude was putting up 50+ and a couple 60+ in 2006-2007.

I feel like the thread is about players that have no business putting up these kinds of numbers.

2 people like this

I wouldn't say it was. The dude was putting up 50+ and a couple 60+ in 2006-2007.

I feel like the thread is about players that have no business putting up these kinds of numbers.

Meh I know when I heard it I was wtf like crazy and same with all my friends. He scored like 50-60 points in the second half.

I mean going like 82 is way different than going 60+.

I agree, although I have to admit I'd have been just as pissed if I saw 81 pts in my opponent's box score that week. It's sort of like how Batum's 5x5 is a historical line.. but not exactly WTF in a way, because at least we knew that he'd have the potential to do it.

I think this is more for fringe players coming out of nowhere to put up beastly lines - after all, this is a "Historical WTF Lines" thread, and not a "Historical Lines" thread.

Meh I know when I heard it I was wtf like crazy and same with all my friends. He scored like 50-60 points in the second half.

I mean going like 82 is way different than going 60+.

Pretty sure by wtf lines, the OP is talking about crazy lines from really unexpected players like Dalembert. I mean, do we really need to list Kobe, wilt, Hakeem, Mj, etc?

1 person likes this

I had Andre Miller drop 51 points like 3 seasons ago. I watched the highlights of the game and was still confused at how he went off that much.

1 person likes this

This one might be a bit more of a stretch because he's had his share of good games:

11/15/2008: Anthony Morrow, undrafted rookie goes for 37 pts/11 reb on 11/15 shots, 4/5 threes on 1st NBA start.

I had Andre Miller drop 51 points like 3 seasons ago. I watched the highlights of the game and was still confused at how he went off that much.

Yeah, that's the one I thought of. Andre "Old Man Game" Miller dropping 52 on flat footed leaners, fadeaway 10 footers, an occasional crafty move to the basket, and 18 foot set shots..

Or how about Drew Gooden, who averages 1.2 assists per game for his career, dropping a 15-13-13 triple double with 2 blocks thrown in. Believe it happened two seasons ago.

1 person likes this

3/27/2010: Roddy B. vs Warriors goes for 40 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 3 blk on 15/22 shots, 9 threes, in his rookie year.

Being a Warriors fan, I feel like I should be able to think of plenty more WTF lines that were dropped on us.

1 person likes this

Don Nelson was the King of finding marginal talent in the D League, inserting it into his NBA lineups, and having these D League players go off for huge lines.

Anthony Tolliver in 09-10:

34 PTS, 8 REBs, 14-22 FG,

19 PTS, 15 REBs, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 7-12 FG

30 PTS, 6 REBs, 3 AST, 4 STL, 1 BLK, 4 3s, 11-19 FGs

1 person likes this

Yeah, that's the one I thought of. Andre "Old Man Game" Miller dropping 52 on flat footed leaners, fadeaway 10 footers, an occasional crafty move to the basket, and 18 foot set shots..

Or how about Drew Gooden, who averages 1.2 assists per game for his career, dropping a 15-13-13 triple double with 2 blocks thrown in. Believe it happened two seasons ago.

Gooden actually has some nice assist games. Also, he has another 15-10-13 triple double which also came against the Cavs.

"Believe it or not, I like to pass," Gooden said. "I kind of pass up some shots too much to try to make the extra play, or the home-run play." :blink:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320314015

How about Magic's game where he started at center during game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals. 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals and 1 block. It was his rookie season too. Although he was amazingly successful during his rookie season (and all other seasons for that matter) I don't think anyone expected a guard to drop a 42/15 double double playing at center.

you need to define what you mean by "historical WTF line." Based on the OP it seems like he was going for a bad player who puts up a historically good night, so I'd nominate Jamal Tinsley's 5x5 game awhile back.

1 person likes this

This is one that got me. 2007-2008 season, I had one loss all regular season and then ran into this to take me down in the fantasy playoffs:

Unheard of rookie, Ramon Sessions, fresh out of the FA pool, in consecutive games:

20 pts, 24 asts, 8 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 7-12 FG

then the next game...

25pts, 14 asts, 7 rebs, 3 stls, 11-17 FG

Yikes

3 people like this

Old man Tinsely's 23 Assist came to mind, but then again, he's a very good passer in general. I've linked to Darius Mile's 47 point game before, which is one of the most spectacular performances ever. Brevin Knight's resurgence when he hit 30 years old was a pretty crazy one for almost 2 seasons. He was a double double machine back then.

An interesting stat was when Grant Hill broke his career high in 3s in 2011 when he was 38 years old. Yes you read that correctly:

http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2011022711

Did I mention he had 34 points?

Here's another:

4/13/2009: Ike Diogu for 32 pts, 11 reb on 14/20 shots - stepped in for Hawes injury

4/15/2009: Ike Diogu for 28 pts, 13 reb on 10/17 shots - started the last game of the season

Not the most WTF line ever because he's been known to produce if given minutes (and I'm pretty sure no one owned him for the 1st line), but the 2nd line was probably WTF worthy if an opponent streamed him against you and tipped a H2H championship into his favor.

Not the type of WTF I was looking for, but those funky statlines are pretty awesome.

1 person likes this

Anthony Morrow is a good one, an undrafted rookie FA gets 37 in his first start? Crazy

He ended up being pretty good but Dragic's last game of the season with the rockets in 10-11 he put up an 11/11/11 triple double to win me my league that counted triple doubles.

Heres a good one: Nov 13, 2010 Nazr Mohammed goes 10/16 for 22 points, 20 rebounds and 4 blocks for the Bobcats.

Ben Wallace had a career high 23 points in his 15th season going 10/13 with 14 boards, 4 assists, and 5 steals against Toronto.

1 person likes this