Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ballfan4141

David Ortiz 2013 Outlook

220 posts in this topic

Id put him down for that, and add 5 HR. Last I read he should be ready for opening day, and as DH he will have little opportunity to get hurt again. Love him this year, possibly depressed value on a guy undervalued every year as it is. And he has 1B this year, not just a UTIL fill. Said it before, I'll say it again: The dude can hit.

Id put him down for that, and add 5 HR. Last I read he should be ready for opening day, and as DH he will have little opportunity to get hurt again. Love him this year, possibly depressed value on a guy undervalued every year as it is. And he has 1B this year, not just a UTIL fill. Said it before, I'll say it again: The dude can hit.

I wouldn't be too sure...CBS has him listed as DH only, and still put a $25 auction value on him (tied for 21st overall). If you're league has him as 1B eligible, I think his value goes up from there. I think his stats last year warmed people up to him again. I just hope the people in my league only remember the injuries and his DH availability so I can get him cheap, but I doubt it.

He's DH only on ESPN and ranked 108 overall. Seems like some value could be had there.

I wouldn't be too sure...CBS has him listed as DH only, and still put a $25 auction value on him (tied for 21st overall). If you're league has him as 1B eligible, I think his value goes up from there. I think his stats last year warmed people up to him again. I just hope the people in my league only remember the injuries and his DH availability so I can get him cheap, but I doubt it.

Ya thats a good point, in yahoo he should be 1B elig, and with all the depth at 1B and that late season injury I just wonder if he may slide a round or two. Hes always a target for me

How many games did he play at 1B last year?

According to Yahoo's player profile page - 7 games. That should be enough for Yahoo but not on some other platforms.

Slow starts and injury prone is why he's ranked where he is, sure there is upside but there's a lot of downside too. Dude could hit low 200s with 10 HRs. He's also a huge clubhouse issue with a team thats trying fix and rebuild that team.

Slow starts and injury prone is why he's ranked where he is, sure there is upside but there's a lot of downside too. Dude could hit low 200s with 10 HRs. He's also a huge clubhouse issue with a team thats trying fix and rebuild that team.

How is he a clubhouse issue? Is he prefect, no. But is he an issue, no way. He's always been viewed as a clubhouse asset with positive personality traits and popular with his teammates, fans and the media. His humor keeps the clubhouse loose which is much needed on this team. He isn't a pain in the clubhouse like the endlessly complaining Youk became before he was traded or the big disruptive factor Beckett and his pitching buddies became.

will be DH mainly as Napoli will be 1b

David Ortiz will be a primary DH? Thanks for the insight.

Surprised about his achilles. I kind've thought Ortiz just didn't play last year because he hated Valentine.

Didnt run the bases as scheduled....ugh

That's not what I read:

He ran the bases for the second time this spring and did more than was scheduled.

That was a few days ago, he ran then felt sore and missed the next day.

He ran again today though, second day in a row.

Yeah this is a guy I targeted in every league last year and was planning to do the same going into this year but it just is looking worse and worse with the info coming out. He's now having MRI's and they are talking about opening day being in jeopardy or something of the sort. Really bizarre, I swear at the time of the injury last year the trainers didn't even think he was going to need a DL stint it was so minor. Now we are into the NEXT SEASON and he's still dealing with it.

I guess the MRI results couldve been worst, but ugh man is this going to go on all year?