Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wvufan1988

Lawrie

7 posts in this topic

A guy is talking about giving up Lawrie because he has enough players at 3B. Seeing how I have Sandoval, and expecting him to miss a lot of time this season, I figured I'd inquire. I thought of proposing Wilson or Peavy along with Bogaerts and Beachy for Lawrie and Taijuan Walker. I realize it sounds like a lot, but I wanted opinions on if I should propose this from everyone else. I have the pitching to trade, and having Lawrie in my lineup makes my lineup that much better. Should I propose this?

Team is in my sig. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

A lot? I don't think so. Actually, if I were to get that offer I would not consider it. WIlson is no more than a SP3 in mixed leagues, and Peavy is still a risk. X-Man is a stud, and may perk his attention. But not at the cost of a young stud CI and one of the top pitching prospects in the game.

If you want to propose it, it's a great deal for you. Don't be shocked when he turns it down.

I don't see how that is a terrible deal, but thanks for your input. Beachy and Bogaerts are going to studs themselves (if you are calling Lawrie a stud already after two very mediocre seasons, than I can call Beachy and Bogaerts studs), and Wilson isn't bad. I realize he gets a lot of hate from people especially on this board, but a guy with a mid to higher 3 ERA that gives you a great amount of K's is better than a lot of pitchers he has, or that many teams in my league has.

You seem to have several 3B already with Hanley, Pablo, and Youk. Since CI isn't listed in your sig I'm assuming you do not start a corner infielder. Lawrie in that scenario seems overkill. Your need seems to be middle infielder. Is there a way to acquire a higher ranked 2B with some of those pieces? I think your fears about Pablo are a bit unfounded. Both his DL stints have been for Hamate injuries, which are unlikely to repeat. I think if you can keep him away from McDonald's he should play 145+ games.

I think I should find an upgrade at 2B, but the position is just so thin. We do not have a CI position in the league. Lawrie may be overkill, I agree, but it is tempting to look at offers for Lawrie when the team is dangling him.

I hope you are right about Pablo. I love the guy. It's frustrating to see him get hurt when he seems to get on a roll.

I think I should find an upgrade at 2B, but the position is just so thin. We do not have a CI position in the league. Lawrie may be overkill, I agree, but it is tempting to look at offers for Lawrie when the team is dangling him.

I hope you are right about Pablo. I love the guy. It's frustrating to see him get hurt when he seems to get on a roll.

Unfortunately nothing about health is certain anymore, but Sandoval has played almost every game the last two years that he didn't have his broken hamate. A couple of months missed both times. I'd be willing to, for THIS year, give him a pass on the power outage due to his injuries. If he's healthy and disappoints though, I'm done with him.