Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Durantula

Trade Lawson for John Wall? WHIR!

12 posts in this topic

Should I trade Ty Lawson for John Wall straight up, given my lineup? My logic is I'm trying to stack my team with great playoff schedule guys, and Wall has a 4-4-4. Also I destroy everyone in my league in 3 pointer's so losing Lawson's 3s to hopefully get a few blocks and a few more assists -- two cats where I'm not so strong -- from Wall would be a good deal for me.

My team is below. Thoughts? WHIR!

10-category 10-player head-to-head league (the extra cat is Personal Fouls)

My lineup is:

Kevin Durant

Al Jefferson

Kyle Korver

Kawhi Leonard

Paul Pierce

Kevin Martin

Luol Deng

JJ Redick

Nikola Pekovic

Ty Lawson

Andrew Bogut

Derrick Rose

Eh. That's a close one. Overall value, I'd give the slight edge to Lawson, but if Wall will help your team more then make the move.

Let's not pretend that Lawson is immune to committing TOs. He's been a nightmare in that cat at times this season.

I like Lawson more than Wall, but they're close enough in value that if playoff schedule is your rationale for trading, then the move makes sense for you.

Kawhi/Lawson/Deng/Martin could get you a lot of value.

Greivis Vasquez is one player that comes to mind, you'll make a good improvement in assists, rebounds (surprisingly), but will see a slight decline in other areas. You also may get him for slightly cheaper since he doesn't have the big name that a CP3 or Jrue Holiday carries.

Maybe the Vasquez owner has someone proficient in blocks?

Thanks for your reply in my thread!

I'd rather have Lawson than Wall despite the playoff schedule. The main difference between them is FG%. Their season average isn't far but the past month Lawson has been 47% FG and 79% FT. That doesn't look like a fluke when you look at what he did last season and his career percentages compared to Wall's 40% FG for his career. Lawson is basically better than Wall at everything besides 1 rebound and fractions of a block. He's in for a bigger 2nd half than Wall.

Wall is a much better real life player than fantasy player. He gets no 3's, shoots terrible %, and turns it over a grip. Lawson all the way