Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

svensta

Keys to Success in Fantasy Basketball?

104 posts in this topic

This is only my 2nd year, but I'm currently in 1st place and my team is absolutely beasting.

One thing I can say is try to find guys that contribute in categories that are unique for their position.

For me, for instance, I got Ilyasova knocking down 3s and Paul George grabbing tons of rebounds. Bledsoe also helps getting blocks (although in limited time). Millsap also gets a huge amount of steals.

Anything else you guys can suggest?

Also I'd say be patient with guys that clearly have talent. I held on strong with Ilyasova and Kawhi and now I'm reaping the benefit.

Stockpile high upside players that are in great systems for their talents. This for their ability to bring you increasingly better stats, but also to give you the option to sell high once they over achieve.

1 person likes this

Stockpile high upside players that are in great systems for their talents. This for their ability to bring you increasingly better stats, but also to give you the option to sell high once they over achieve.

Yeah. Was trying to do that with Drummond but he got injured unfortunately.

It's a terrible feeling to dominate all season only to lose in the first round because your opponent simply had way more players playing...paying attention to the playoff scheduling is big.

It's a terrible feeling to dominate all season only to lose in the first round because your opponent simply had way more players playing...paying attention to the playoff scheduling is big.

Is 3-3-3 or 4-4-2, or 3-4-3 considered a good playoff schedule?

I always try to draft players that can shoot good FG AND FT relative to their position, i.e. guards with good FG% and big guys with good FT%, but this year some of my big guys have had subnormal FT shooting like Horford and Gerald Wallace, it's really annoying.

This is why I don't play H2H. Having to look at playoff schedules deters from what you should really be looking at, the players and their abilities/situations.

3 people like this

This is why I don't play H2H. Having to look at playoff schedules deters from what you should really be looking at, the players and their abilities/situations.

With that logic, there's no point of playoffs in real life either. It's just another fun aspect of strategies.

1 person likes this

With that logic, there's no point of playoffs in real life either. It's just another fun aspect of strategies.

I wouldn't call it a fun aspect, and there is too much weight put on it. Roto is the best gauge of how your team performed throughout the year without the anger and frustration of losing to an inferior team because of playoff schedules.

1 person likes this

The most active player wins, if they are not unlucky.

This is not true in good leagues where people are all active. Sometimes the best players are conservative in their moves

This is my 1st year playing Fantasy Basketball and I'm playing H2H. In my opinion, playoff schedule is the most important. But first, win as much as possible in the early weeks to secure your spot on the playoffs then try to trade for the best player who have the best playoff schedule and be sure your lineup won't clog to maximize your GP in a week.

It will be so frustrating to lose in the 1st round just because you're against a team who has an advantage of 10 players that played in that week.

Also try to concentrate on certain categories for you to win it every week but try not to punt anything. Its hard but it is possible. It depends on your stacking strategies, I try to concentrate on pts,3ptm,assist,stls,ft% and rebs. I try to find Bigs that can score, rebound and most importantly won't hurt me on my ft% (if he can hit 3's that's a bonus). I'm avoiding guards that can't hit 3's! I tried this strategy on my team (1st team on my signature) and I'm currently 1st with a record of 99-26-1. Its just my opinion. Hope it works.

This is my 1st year playing Fantasy Basketball and I'm playing H2H. In my opinion, playoff schedule is the most important. But first, win as much as possible in the early weeks to secure your spot on the playoffs then try to trade for the best player who have the best playoff schedule and be sure your lineup won't clog to maximize your GP in a week.

It will be so frustrating to lose in the 1st round just because you're against a team who has an advantage of 10 players that played in that week.

Also try to concentrate on certain categories for you to win it every week but try not to punt anything. Its hard but it is possible. It depends on your stacking strategies, I try to concentrate on pts,3ptm,assist,stls,ft% and rebs. I try to find Bigs that can score, rebound and most importantly won't hurt me on my ft% (if he can hit 3's that's a bonus). I'm avoiding guards that can't hit 3's! I tried this strategy on my team (1st team on my signature) and I'm currently 1st with a record of 99-26-1. Its just my opinion. Hope it works.

Your league must be super dead or I call BS on your 1st team having a 99-26-1 record.

Your league must be super dead or I call BS on your 1st team having a 99-26-1 record.

Luck is already there since in the early weeks I'm against the teams who have Kevin Love and Dirk which is def a win for me. I bench my players in the last days when I know I'm secured on certain categories so that I can still win on TO. I had a 8-1 streak for about 4 weeks then I traded my Duncan + Josh Smith for Al Jeff + Millsap and Varejao for Vucevic before he went down.

I wouldn't call it a fun aspect, and there is too much weight put on it. Roto is the best gauge of how your team performed throughout the year without the anger and frustration of losing to an inferior team because of playoff schedules.

The best team doesn't always win in the playoffs buddy. That's why there's a "regular season" and there is a "post-season". They are two different things.

2 people like this