Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brockpapersizer

Brennan Boesch 2013 Outlook

21 posts in this topic

I have made this thread to do one thing, and this is to hype Brennan Boesch.

Apparently he's tweaked his swing so I'm encouraged. Last year he was a Matthew Berry sleeper (as well a mine) and I think his draft price just got driven up to the point of no profit.... and then he had a bad year. This year he's going pretty undrafted so far, but I think in 5 OF leagues he's going to be a guy you can get as your OF 5 and possibly later and produce a great value.

Im projected 20 Home Runs with a 275 average with solid counting stats being in a stacked offense.

The value is just great this year and that's my main reason for liking him.

I use to have a philosophy of never drafting guys once they burn you, and realized this was a very bad way to do play fantasy. If you like a player in baseball and he has an off year, there's a pretty good chance he'll rebound and make someone else look smart.

There is one caveat, as of now he doesnt have a starting job which will make his price drop even more. I'm hoping he has a good spring and wins one out

I have made this thread to do one thing, and this is to hype Brennan Boesch.

Apparently he's tweaked his swing so I'm encouraged. Last year he was a Matthew Berry sleeper (as well a mine) and I think his draft price just got driven up to the point of no profit.... and then he had a bad year. This year he's going pretty undrafted so far, but I think in 5 OF leagues he's going to be a guy you can get as your OF 5 and possibly later and produce a great value.

Im projected 20 Home Runs with a 275 average with solid counting stats being in a stacked offense.

The value is just great this year and that's my main reason for liking him.

I use to have a philosophy of never drafting guys once they burn you, and realized this was a very bad way to do play fantasy. If you like a player in baseball and he has an off year, there's a pretty good chance he'll rebound and make someone else look smart.

There is one caveat, as of now he doesnt have a starting job which will make his price drop even more. I'm hoping he has a good spring and wins one out

The no-job to start the year factor pretty much means in most mixed leagues you should be able to land him for $1 range pretty easy. Im with you, I liked him last year and I like him this year, concern is obviously the playing time situation, we have no bench, no free agency and very limited waiver wire, so its a roll of the dice to take on someone without a clear pathway to a full time gig.

I'm not to sure he beats Dirks out, and even if he does I'm not sure I would draft him in a 12 team league. If he gets hot then add him off the waivers, but I wouldn't want him in a starting spot even in a 5 OF league. A lot of reason why people liked him so much last year was because he was batting in front of Miggy, now that he isnt his value will really go down.

I'd think after his fall from grace he would be a pretty easy pick-up later from the FA pool. Well unless someone plays in a 5 outfield league as you mentioned. (And I thought one league I was in was crazy with four outfielders).

I'm not to sure he beats Dirks out, and even if he does I'm not sure I would draft him in a 12 team league. If he gets hot then add him off the waivers, but I wouldn't want him in a starting spot even in a 5 OF league. A lot of reason why people liked him so much last year was because he was batting in front of Miggy, now that he isnt his value will really go down.

Yeah thanks for reminding me. That was the main reason last season I took him in a league, the Miggy factor. Didn't work out even with Cabrera behind him because the guy just couldn't get on base period. I'll pass on him this year unless he starts to show a pulse higher than a flatline.

I'd think after his fall from grace he would be a pretty easy pick-up later from the FA pool. Well unless someone plays in a 5 outfield league as you mentioned. (And I thought one league I was in was crazy with four outfielders).

Most Roto Leagues its pretty standard to find a 14-hitter roster with 2 Catchers and 5 Outfielders.

Def meant for deeper leagues on draft day. I'm in those leagues and we'll see what happens in ST... I just thing he has a valuable 5 OF league type year.

This guy sucks. He was the 2nd lowest ranked player in MLB last year. He is a complete hack, swings at everything, one of the worst defenders on base ball. They got Ajax and hunter locked into everyday roles and then Dirks and Berry along with Boesch competing for the ABs in LF. I just don't see him getting more than 2 days of PT a week in April without injury.

Sloooooooow hack of a swing, I hope he did more than tweak it. Throw it out, start from scratch is more like it. Defensive liability, which will keep him out of everyday PT IMO. Leyland supposedly really likes the guy though, but that only lasts so long if he cant hit

no way should this guy beat out dirks. look at dirks numbers. plus martinez is back and the DH spot is just as crowded.

big tigers fan here, pay close attention to the team, i would definitely be worried about PT. You're looking at a platoon number of PA'S maybe 300. leyland doesn't want to commit to dirks as an everyday player either (despite the fans' pleas), he has him in the same boat ramon santiago where "he's just not an everyday type of guy" mentality already instilled about them (interviews).

it will be a good lineup for boesch and he has shown potential in the past but i'm worried that pitchers made their adjustment and he doesn't know how to adjust back. maybe a trade will give him more immediate trade relevancy due to someone giving him an everyday job.

Sloooooooow hack of a swing, I hope he did more than tweak it. Throw it out, start from scratch is more like it. Defensive liability, which will keep him out of everyday PT IMO. Leyland supposedly really likes the guy though, but that only lasts so long if he cant hit

Leyland had a love affair with Ryan Raburn as well. Seems to love guys who manage to generate negative WAR.

Just got released. I find this to be funny

1 person likes this

no way should this guy beat out dirks. look at dirks numbers. plus martinez is back and the DH spot is just as crowded.

good call.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Yankees uniform by Friday.

And hes a yankee... by Friday... Good call.

And hes a yankee... by Friday... Good call.

So whats the thought here? Potential Francisco/Boesch platoon until Granderson gets back?

Who are your sources and will Cano remain a Yankee?!!!!!

:D

Great. Another .230 hitter aiming for the short porch in right at the detriment of making contact and advancing runners.

1 person likes this

I think he is basically going to be a lesser version of Ibanez from last year.