Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mkcatl

How will daily interleague play affect fantasy?

30 posts in this topic

Not sure if the subject has been broached. IMO it's gonna hurt Weekly lineup leagues the most. Are people drafting more NL players? staying staus quo? any good strategies?

Not sure if the subject has been broached. IMO it's gonna hurt Weekly lineup leagues the most. Are people drafting more NL players? staying staus quo? any good strategies?

You're really the first mention of this I'm aware of. Certainly in H2H you need to downgrade a notch players without full-time positions. David Ortiz, Mark Trumbo, even Billy Butler all stand to suffer a bit. Don't know if I'd go more NL heavy, but if I'm in a deeper league platoon guys in the NL have some worth now in Interleague weeks, especially LH platooners.

so what exactly is the deal? there will be interleague play all the time? If you own ortiz, trumbo or butler, how often will they play nl teams?

you see last year the royals made sure to get butler in the lineup: http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120606&content_id=32887794&notebook_id=32889940&c_id=kc

Can someone elaborate? Not sure I know about what's being discussed here.

so what exactly is the deal? there will be interleague play all the time? If you own ortiz, trumbo or butler, how often will they play nl teams?

you see last year the royals made sure to get butler in the lineup: http://kansascity.ro...2889940&c_id=kc

They will play the same amount of interleague games but it will be spread out over more weeks,meaning instead of it affecting 2 weeks it could potentially affect 5 weeks. If you have daily lineups it prolly won't change anything for you.

Can someone elaborate? Not sure I know about what's being discussed here.

Houston moved to the AL, meaning the only way to do interleague now is to have it all year long. The Angles open the season in CIN, Does Trumbo play only 3 games that week? There will potentially be more weeks impacted by this new schedule.

I just looked at the schedule for the month of April.

There are only 4-5 game days in April where there is no inter league play. For the most part it is only one series going at a time. Starting mid month it maxes out at two inter league series at a time. I didnt look past April.

Each club will play 20 Interleague games throughout the season. Those games will be played in eight series: four at home and four on the road.

Yeah it certainly has impact, and it's spread more uniformly throughout the season this year. Butler did sit a bit last year in IL games, sometimes he played 1B while Hosmer sat or played RF. Butler is one I'm less worried about. Trumbo as full-time DH and a very inferior defensive option will suffer much more IMO. Also guys like Mark Reynolds and Chris Davis, E5 with Lawrie entrenched at 3B, and Adam Dunn and VMart need to be considered. It won't make a big difference overall but on any given week the impact will be significant. We will all have to really pay attention to the schedule this year!

you see last year the royals made sure to get butler in the lineup: http://kansascity.ro...2889940&c_id=kc

They will play the same amount of interleague games but it will be spread out over more weeks,meaning instead of it affecting 2 weeks it could potentially affect 5 weeks. If you have daily lineups it prolly won't change anything for you.

Right off the bat Butler has 5 away NL games. 3 in Week 1 and 2 in Week 3.

There are only 4-5 game days in April where there is no inter league play. For the most part it is only one series going at a time. Starting mid month it maxes out at two inter league series at a time. I didnt look past April.

4 interleague series first full week of May, 1 that weekend, 3 the start of 2nd week of may. FYI. Didn't delve any deeper, looks like it's spread year-long throughout the schedule.

Thankfully after that he only has 5 more the rest of the year, 2 May 29-30 @ St. Louis and 3 August 2-4 @ Mets.

Butler played in 161 games last season. They aren't sitting him in NL parks unless he's slumping.

The question then comes up how many weeks does Hosmer not play a full slate of games?

Thankfully after that he only has 5 more the rest of the year, 2 May 29-30 @ St. Louis and 3 August 2-4 @ Mets.

Yea this development isn't going to make me shy away from Butler. Also this will almost ensure Butler will stay with 1B eligible for 2014 and can be a nice keeper going forward.

Looks like Trumbo has no more than 3 away NL games in any one month, with none in June, and one in Sept. on the 1st.

Butler played in 161 games last season. They aren't sitting him in NL parks unless he's slumping.

The question then comes up how many weeks does Hosmer not play a full slate of games?

Now that is a great question. Last year he only played 3 games out in the OF.

Yea this development isn't going to make me shy away from Butler. Also this will almost ensure Butler will stay with 1B eligible for 2014 and can be a nice keeper going forward.

Just remember Lorenzo Cain was hurt during IL play so there was an opening in the OF for Hosmer. And Butler sat some games but got PH at bats. This year Cain, Dyson, Francouer and Gordon are all available to play OF. Butler or Hosmer will have to suffer in the NL parks, gotta expect both to sit at least some. Hosmer also has speed on the basepaths (relatively speaking ) compared to Country Biscuit. I'm still high on him, these are more weekly nuances to sift through.

The guy I think who could really be affected is VMart. Will they let him catch in NL parks? No way Prince sits, is there?

The Royals will have 4 weeks with NL played Games. So those 4 weeks you might not be able to use a Hosmer if your in a weekly lineup league.

ok, so looking over a couple of schedules, it seems it will effect all AL teams 4 weeks out of the season.

VMart sits. I doubt they want VMart fresh off an injury catching. And Prince isn't sitting unless he's slumping and VMart is in fire.

That's not possible, there has to be an Odd number of Interleague Series at any given time, it's probably either 1 or 3 at most during the normal parts of the season -- haven't looked to see if there's a clump of Interleague only games on the schedule like they've done in the past twice during the season.

As it stands now, teams are playing 20 interleague games, which comes out to about 7 series (7-9 probably since there are a couple 2-game series planned). With 7 series per MLB team, that's 210 total series, or 105 when you count 2 teams in each series. With 26 weeks during the year, the league will need to average about 4 Interleague Series per week to get them all in.

its not a big deal. look at the schedules.

royals have:

phillies on the road 3 games in april.

cardinals on the road 2 games in may.

mets on the road 3 games in august

blue jays have:

braves on the road 2 games in may

padres on the road 3 games may-into-june

giants on the road 2 games in june

d-backs on road 3 games first week of sept (this blows for h2h playoffs)

its not a big deal. look at the schedules.

royals have:

phillies on the road 3 games in april.

cardinals on the road 2 games in may.

mets on the road 3 games in august

You're missing a 2 game trip to ATL April 16-17.