Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steel

Pau Gasol Keeper League Value

3 posts in this topic

Hey everybody. I own Pau Gasol in a 12-team keeper league (H2H format, 3 keepers per season) and with his recent injury, I'm not sure what to do with him.

I currently have a decent team (4th place) so I can still make a playoff run. I'm not really sure what I want to do with Pau at this point. I'm not sure I can contend with even more dead weight on my team (I have Bynum as well) and the other teams don't seem interested in him via trade. I still feel like he can be a valuable player, but I don't think the fit is right on the Lakers under D'Antoni's system.

So, should I drop him or hold onto him? Here is the rest of my team:

Deron Williams

Eric Gordon

Andre Iguodala

Chandler Parsons

Derrick Favors

Nikola Vucevic

Amir Johnson

Mario Chalmers

Alec Burks

Darren Collison

Trevor Ariza

J.J. Redick

Andrew Bynum

Trade him. You have better keepers (Deron, Vucevic, Bynum or Favors or Gordon depending on health/trades) Pau isn't worth holding onto this season and I agree he doesn't fit well with D'Antoni. Try to trade him to a keeper needy team. Failing that, drop him.

Yeah, I'd try to trade him, at a discount, to the teams that are out of the playoff hunt already. Just try to get somebody useful to add to your roster, keeping in mind that you're not going to get a heck of a lot for Pau right now.