Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slaughterrt

Time to move McShady?

18 posts in this topic

With the talk of the Eagles moving to a two back system...is it time to trade McCoy in a 14 team dynasty league? Or am I just jumping the gun here?

I'd trade him

if you're getting another top 5 RB in return. He's still gonna be a stud, just not the top 3 guy he's been drafted as.

1 person likes this

I'd trade him

if you're getting another top 5 RB in return. He's still gonna be a stud, just not the top 3 guy he's been drafted as.

Agreed. I'd move him if I were getting a dependable RB1 back. But don't give him away just for the sake of doing it.

Right. I wont sell him for any wooden nickels or anything. I have AP and McCoy and Leshoure as my 3 RBs. Just not sure what McCoys value will be next year. I was psyched to have McCoy healthy but i wonder how the timeshare will be split.

McCoy as my RB2 is awesome anyway...even at a slightly reduced role. I think i may be overreacting. Couldnt hurt to put out feelers tho.

There's room for both backs to be serviceable in Kelly's offense (he runs the ball - A LOT) and McCoy will likely get the lion's share (70%) of the workload.

Additionally, there's maybe 5 RBs (Peterson, Rice, Martin, Richardson, Spiller) that I'd rather have than McCoy.

Anyone freaking out over news in February and underselling their McCoy shares gets what's coming to them.

I would try and move Shady for a RB1 right now. Bryce Brown will eat into McCoy's carries alot. He is younger plus has the higher upside edge. Send out an offer or two and see what happens. Good luck!

If you don't mind some reading, this thread about McCoy (Bryce Brown) should be helpful:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=333732&hl=

I'd trade him straight up if you could get any of these RBs: Foster, Martin, Lynch, Spiller, Rice, or Charles.

I'd also trade for these WR: Calvin, AJ, Julio...maybe even Dez so long as his bodyguards keep him in check

Some folks will call me crazy and point out how shallow RB is & how deep WR is, but all of those guys are extreme talents with freak athleticism/size that cannot be covered 1 on 1, even 1 on 2 in some scenarios (clearly i believe they are better than the rest of the WRs). it all depends on your fantasy philosophy (valued based drafting or do you just got for highest point scorers...both have their merits). I would package one of your current WR to that for a RB, just so you can keep your team balanced.

Please please please continue to undervalue McCoy. You're going to get destroyed in next year's draft if you pass or undervalue him.

Amazes me that Ray Rice is probably in more danger of losing carries and nobody seems concerned with him...

I'd bet a good amount of $$$ that McCoy outproduces Ray Rice next year. You heard it here first.

I'd trade for him... when everyone zigs, it's time to zag.

Dude, if McCoy is your RB2 stay put, that's about as ideal as it gets. If you can get an RB stud with lesser unknowns, sure go for it, but that's very unlikely to happen there are only about 4 or 5 guys in that category, especially since you already have AP.

Given McCoy's talent, even with serious unknowns about his offense, it's still extremely difficult to see him slip out of top10 status. The second roster in your signature is the roster you're referring to I'm guessing? You have the no1 RB in fantasy, and an RB that's a lock for top10 production with clear top-5 upside. Not to mention those are two of the most talented runners in the league on your roster there. Stay put and do it gladly.

i just looked at your team

that team is unstoppable if they all stay healthy. AP/Mccoy ... in a 14 team league ... and cobb/cruz/nicks with ppr scoring ... and hernandez ... just wow.

Please please please continue to undervalue McCoy. You're going to get destroyed in next year's draft if you pass or undervalue him.

Amazes me that Ray Rice is probably in more danger of losing carries and nobody seems concerned with him...

I'd bet a good amount of $$$ that McCoy outproduces Ray Rice next year. You heard it here first.

You make a good point on Rice's value dropping. Rice has never scored a ton of TDs, he's a yardage beast. After firing cam and hiring Caldwell, Pierce was getting a lot of carries for just a "backup" towards the end of the yr. Given with how the Ravens Off played in the playoffs or with Caldwell running the Off, Rice has a lot more questions marks by his name. It will be interesting to see what they do with Flacco, but assuming they resign him, it's not hard to see Rice's days as an elite back are numbered. Whether this is due to teams electing to take rice out of the game and make flacco beat them, or just the high # of carries in his career are piling up.

I think i will stay with what I have for now. I had a solid season and won the league. I am always interested in improving my team though. Plus it is the offseason so what else do I have to do but speculate?