Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Felix Doubront 2013 Outlook

103 posts in this topic

this guy had a 9.34 k/9 last year. i had to do a double take on that ... any reason to think that'll be maintained?

his HR/FB was awful at 15.9% ... any reason to think that'll go down?

the walks are pretty bad too, making him a whip killer.

Doubront is an interesting player. Has the skills to be dominate, but in that park in that division, I'm going to have to pass this year.

Doubront is an interesting player. Has the skills to be dominate, but in that park in that division, I'm going to have to pass this year.

Are lineups that fierce still in the AL east? I like the Jays lineup, but not sure how great the Yanks will be anymore. Orioles are ok, Tampa ok.

Granted, they are no AL Central (Tigers the only team worth worrying about offensively) but I don't think I would worry so much about AL East lineups as much as we used to.

Are lineups that fierce still in the AL east? I like the Jays lineup, but not sure how great the Yanks will be anymore. Orioles are ok, Tampa ok.

Granted, they are no AL Central (Tigers the only team worth worrying about offensively) but I don't think I would worry so much about AL East lineups as much as we used to.

It's not the lineups, it's the ballparks. Fenway and Yankee stadium are both hard to pitch in. Camden yards is also hitter friendly, and the Jays lineup got a lot better this offseason. He isn't going to have very many plus machups playing in the AL East.

It's not the lineups, it's the ballparks. Fenway and Yankee stadium are both hard to pitch in. Camden yards is also hitter friendly, and the Jays lineup got a lot better this offseason. He isn't going to have very many plus machups playing in the AL East.

Ah, ok I got ya. I forget that Camden is hitter-friendly too

Doubront is just a bit too volatile for most to try. Definitely an intriguing guy to keep an eye on. Maybe this is the season he straightens things out enough to be a decent SP for fantasy owners.

He just got pushed back a day. Could be just cause Aceves in insane and needs to pitch Thursday or something. Red Sox have no other SP ready to move into the rotation so Dubront isn't going anywhere.

Wow. No go again? Really wanted another look at him but by the time I do it will probably be to late to sell him if he has a bad start.

Unlucky that he'll get skipped but I doubt it happens again anytime soon and he'll be a great source of k's. I'm holding for sure

Anybody starting this guy today? 6 K's / 0 BB's his first outing. He had inconsistent erratic control, high WHIP's but also high K totals last year in 2012. He did well vs Cleveland in Boston last year, but struggled @ Cleveland. This is an entirely different Cleveland lineup for the most part of course. Red Sox are up against the awful Ubaldo Jiminez. Cleveland has all their RH bats in the lineup. I'm not sure what to do here. I got him as a toss in in a trade, and can't make any more waiver moves until Thursday. I'll probably drop him either way on Thursday night, but I can decide to start or not start today. Interesting streamer option and matchup today.

1. Drew Stubbs ® CF

2. Asdrubal Cabrera (S) SS

3. Carlos Santana (S) C

4. Nick Swisher (S) 1B

5. Mark Reynolds ® DH

6. Michael Brantley (L) LF

7. Mike Aviles ® 2B

8. Lonnie Chisenhall (L) 3B

9. Ryan Raburn ® RF

I'm hoping the long layoff has his arm fresh and he brings the K's. The Indians haven't really been lighting up the scoreboard, minus Fridays game, and the 2 rain outs. Bedard already soiled my ratios, so I have nothing to lose. Shoot, he could go 4ip with 5er and my ratios would drop.

Come on Felix, bring the nasty.

I'm hoping the long layoff has his arm fresh and he brings the K's. The Indians haven't really been lighting up the scoreboard, minus Fridays game, and the 2 rain outs. Bedard already soiled my ratios, so I have nothing to lose. Shoot, he could go 4ip with 5er and my ratios would drop.

Come on Felix, bring the nasty.

So we're basically calling this start a toss up. 50/50% shot. Since I have no IP limit I'd say he'd be useful for K's in leagues like that. If you have an IP limit in your league I'd probably stay away from this.

agree. If my ratios weren't destroyed, I'd probably sit him just to see.

His history vs Clev are fairly neutral, 12 h, with 12 k's, and zero hrs. .267baa and the stat that I liked was the 3 extra base hits against.

If Felix has his command, (I know, oxymoron statement, Felix and command) he should do fine. Fingers crossed..

Can't watch the game but based on the MLB gameday, the ump appears to have an extremely tight strike zone.

Can't watch the game but based on the MLB gameday, the ump appears to have an extremely tight strike zone.

I haven't noticed it being tight, if anything I've noticed balls being called strikes.

I haven't noticed it being tight, if anything I've noticed balls being called strikes.

If you're watching the game , I'm sure you could see the zone, the MLB.com gameday where it shows pitch location (obviously way off), it shows him throwing a lot of would be strikes. Wish I had the package but I would watch way too much baseball if I did.

Really has the curve working tonight. He's getting the ump to call it for strikes on the corners, which is a big plus

Raburn shouldn't be on base. On the 1-2 pitch to him, Doubront threw a perfect strike 3 knee high that the ump called a ball. Game K zone even showed it as a strike. Let's see if he can get out of the jam