Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Travis Snider 2013 Outlook

21 posts in this topic

Remember when Snider was a big, up and coming prospect? Now he's become forgotten and could bring back decent value based on where you can get him. He looks to be a starter in RF for the Pirates. Any thoughts on this post-hype prospect?

I like a lot of guys on the Pirates to breakout this year. I have a feeling they are going to have one heck of a sleeper team this year despite most people pegging them as a sub 500 team.

Remember when Snider was a big, up and coming prospect? Now he's become forgotten and could bring back decent value based on where you can get him. He looks to be a starter in RF for the Pirates. Any thoughts on this post-hype prospect?

"What happens in Vegas"....

Ive bought on Snider so much in the last 3-5 years. I know a lot of owners have been down on him, but actually I thought over the last two years there were some signs of progress. Two years ago, he got off to a slow start power wise but did have nice bags going when he got sent down, then tore it up but got hurt before his call up.

This year its about a job, he will be in a battle in the OF, if he has a good spring and appears to have a job, I will probably buy on him again.

I think he's a AAAA hitter and this from a loooooooooong suffering Pirates fan. Loved him 3, 4 years ago and had him in my A.L. keeper but gave up on him 2 years ago

Great numbers in AAA playing in the PCL but very mediocre MLB numbers (OPS of .724). Turned 25 this month and I think this is his last chance to be an everyday starter.

I felt that he got jerked around a bit in TOR but he certainly didn't help himself when given the chance. Keep a very close eye on him during Spring Training although if he rakes, his price will soar come draft day.

We've all been waiting for his big projections to be fulfilled and this may be the year boys. I'm definitely going to try and draft him late and sly.

Should be a cheap .265 (.320 OBP), 20 HR, handful of steals guy. He probably will get the chance to hit in a decent spot in the lineup. I figure McCutch, Alvarez, and Garrett Jones will be the heart of that lineup, so maybe he will hit 6th? 80 RBI, 60 R?

He's worth drafting late for sure. Just to see if maybe he can crank that power up a bit. If he can hit 25 HR or so, he's pretty much Viciedo.

1 person likes this

I think he's a AAAA hitter and this from a loooooooooong suffering Pirates fan. Loved him 3, 4 years ago and had him in my A.L. keeper but gave up on him 2 years ago

Great numbers in AAA playing in the PCL but very mediocre MLB numbers (OPS of .724). Turned 25 this month and I think this is his last chance to be an everyday starter.

So how do you see that lineup shaking out?

Could Gaby Sanchez be in the mix and move Jones to OF? What about Tabata who was a big disappointment in 2012?

So how do you see that lineup shaking out?

Could Gaby Sanchez be in the mix and move Jones to OF? What about Tabata who was a big disappointment in 2012?

IF Snider messes up I see them giving the job to Presley in RF, they like him. If he goes sour too i think they move Jones to RF and give Sanchez a shot at 1b again.

Sands, Tabata, Jones, Presley all could eat at his playing time.. worth a gamble LATE for sure.. but no way would I reach for him and count on him as a sleeper

He's only 25. Still has alot of prime years ahead of him. So many people get infatuated with these 20, 21 year old prospects, then chuck them aside when they don't produce their first time around. He's got the skillset, he's got the experience, and he has a team that's giving him a chance. I expect good things from him this year.

1 person likes this

Can't hit big league heat. Can't hit breaking balls.

He's a perfect bench option against Dickey then!

Can't hit big league heat. Can't hit breaking balls.

I don't think this will so much be the case this year...

If he stays in the 2 hole he's definitely worth adding. Jays fan - I've always liked him. Perfect post-hype sleeper

Only 2 plate appearances v LHP. Platoon kills him, but he's doing well v RHP now. Not bad for a daily leauge.

In a deep league, he seems like a great guy to roll the dice on. He's hitting so far, and if he stops, he'll be an easy drop.