Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alfalfabeans

The GOAT.

506 posts in this topic

Since alot of threads decends into player debates on GOAT, etc etc, it's only fair that we have specific thread out there for the die hard fans and fan boys.

My 2 cents, at the end of their respective careers, MJ > LJ > KB

Since alot of threads decends into player debates on GOAT, etc etc, it's only fair that we have specific thread out there for the die hard fans and fan boys.

Whyyyyyy....this thread is going to go nowhere and FAST

Whyyyyyy....this thread is going to go nowhere and FAST

The point of this thread is to prevent other threads from getting derailed with these kinds of debates.

How can some people say that the comparison isn't even close?

In part its a prediction by some that by the end of Lebron's career, he could challege MJ for the GOAT title. I think it's possible although not likely.

Just thought I would add some things that I have seen in the past arguing for players other than MJ as the GOAT.

BIll Russell (11 Rings)

Oscar Robertson (Triple Double Season)

Wilt (Ahead of his time and beyond dominant over his peers)

Magic (redifined PG play)

Lebron (Most complete athlete to ever play basketball)

MJ > KB > LBJ

Mj is the goat hands down

I agree with the first part, but I think you got the KB and LBJ sign around the wrong way LOL...

My tiers:

KAJ

MJ

Wilt

Russell

Magic

Bird

Shaq

Olajuwon

Duncan

West

Karl

Kobe

LeBron

Moses

Oscar

KG

As I said in another thread, LeBron may be leaving that tier this year and moving to the next one.

2 people like this

MJ > KB > LBJ

Mj is the goat hands down

I agree with the first part, but I think you got the KB and LBJ sign around the wrong way LOL...

Well I am a Kobe fan and despise lebron lol. he was a notorious choke artist and wings 1 ring and now he is the goat? He needs to win at least 2 or 3 more before he is even in the talks

1 person likes this

My tiers:

KAJ

MJ

Wilt

Russell

Magic

Bird

Shaq

Olajuwon

Duncan

West

Karl

Kobe

LeBron

Moses

Oscar

KG

As I said in another thread, LeBron may be leaving that tier this year and moving to the next one.

Disrespecting Kobe..

3 people like this

what lebron accomplished over those 6 games was incredible don't get me wrong but let's not be prisoners of the moment...we all know it's what happens in the post season that matters

2 people like this

My tiers:

KAJ

MJ

Wilt

Russell

Magic

Bird

Shaq

Olajuwon

Duncan

West <--------Delonte or Jerry? :D

Karl

Kobe

LeBron

Moses

Oscar

KG

its way too early to compare MJ-LBJ-KB...Remember, MJ didnt become otherworldly until he mastered the turn around fade away jumper..The King h

as just begun to figure out his dominance in the post..it began last year in the playoffs, continued with his training with Hakeem, and is just now showing up consistently in his play..this recent streak he is on is the culmination of his post work...he now takes his time in the post and completely dominates EVERYONE. We are just now witnessing the true greatness of Lebrons skills..who knows where he will be in 5-6 yrs from now...

im just saying lets not forget the 2011 nba finals lol. there is a reason mj has said the only player you can compare to him is kobe.

2 people like this

If there's any sort of what Kobe has done vs Lebron has done in the postseason argument, just go ahead and look at their stats against the same teams in the same years. Even with Lebron's horrible Dallas series, you can take their stats in that, the two years they both played Boston, Orlando, and OKC last year... it paints a CLEAR picture of who is better.

Kobe is great, but the reason for his ring lead over Lebron are simply more years in the league, better coaching, better teamates. Any sort of insinuation that it's because Kobe is a better player than Lebron is just putting their head in the sand to a mountain of statistical evidence proving you dead wrong.

Lebrons 2012 playoff run was miles stronger than ANY Kobe playoff run.

Please show me any game in the playoffs where Lebron shot 6/24 or worse and the TEAM won. We all know we can find a very important one for Kobe.

1 person likes this

Lebron has great potential but we have short memories here. Dirk bested Lebron just 2 years ago in the 2011 finals.

2 people like this

Disrespecting Kobe..

lol?

My tiers:

KAJ

MJ

Wilt

Russell

Magic

Bird

Shaq

Olajuwon

Duncan

West

Karl

Kobe

LeBron

Moses

Oscar

KG

Disrespecting Kobe..

I think that list disrespects Kobe and Lebron, I'd put them both in the next tier and I'd actually eliminate the line between tier 2 and 3. I don't think Magic and Bird belong in a seperate tier from Lebron, Kobe, and Duncan. We romanticize the 80s a lot, and they were great players playing on teams with monster talent.

Hakeem was really really underated. He basically had Lebron's career for the first 7-8 years as well where he was just dominant but played on a really bad team. Hakeem just didn't have the Lebron media hype to make Hakeem seem like a choker every year. The guy was constantly challenged by elite centers (David, Patrick, and Shaq) and put them all in their place. Who did Hakeem really every have as a #2 but STILL managed to win 2 rings. Really really underrated.

Lebron has great potential but we have short memories here. Dirk bested Lebron just 2 years ago in the 2011 finals.

Dirk is 4-0 against Kobe in the playoffs. 4-2 vs Lebron. Just saying.

Dirk has a great year and career, but saying he's better than Lebron because of one series is not a great argument. I do agree Dirk is underrated though. I'd probably put him in the lower tier with KG.

PER isn't the perfect stat, but as of now it's the best one stat if you needed to look at one stat. Arguing rings over PER to compare the greatness of a single player is really silly.

Despite playing in the NBA 7 less years, Lebron will have 6 better years than Kobe THIS year. This is despite having to share the ball and usage witha great perimeter player in Wade too. The playoff PER bears similar results.

I'm sorry there just isn't a rational argument that Kobe is better than Lebron any more so than Horry is better than Jordan because he won 7.

25ZQjG3.png

1rK6CM0.png

If there's any sort of what Kobe has done vs Lebron has done in the postseason argument, just go ahead and look at their stats against the same teams in the same years. Even with Lebron's horrible Dallas series, you can take their stats in that, the two years they both played Boston, Orlando, and OKC last year... it paints a CLEAR picture of who is better.

Kobe is great, but the reason for his ring lead over Lebron are simply more years in the league, better coaching, better teamates. Any sort of insinuation that it's because Kobe is a better player than Lebron is just putting their head in the sand to a mountain of statistical evidence proving you dead wrong.

Lebrons 2012 playoff run was miles stronger than ANY Kobe playoff run.

Please show me any game in the playoffs where Lebron shot 6/24 or worse and the TEAM won. We all know we can find a very important one for Kobe.

what was most embarrassing about that series wasnt just his stats but that fact that he got completely broken mentally. you could tell he did not want the ball in his hands when the game was the line and was passing it to chalmers and juan howard lol. lebron gets the jitters in crunch time which is something you ant say about kobe or mj.

"winners always want the ball when the game is on the line" - gene hackman, the replacements

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, February 16, 2013 - Profanity · Report post

PER is a bull**** stat

1 person likes this