Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 All-Star Weekend Thread -- Dunk Contest, 3 pt Contest, Etc. and Game

103 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm turning it off....Nick Cannon is part of the festivities? Houston and TNT should be embarrassed....

1 person likes this

I do love the commentary for the all star festivities though. Kenny, Charles, Reggie, and Shaq are hilarious.

Dunk contest is just painful now......They should pre-record it and just show the highlights.....How many times do they have to show that James White can't dribble?

Kenny and Chuck ripping up Westy shirt has been the best part of the dunk contest....

Nice dunk by Ross. Finally someone makes it!!!

ive noticed something... i think this happened last year too but during the performance when they where introducing the contestants for the dunk contest their was literally no applause... the players just stood their awkwardly.....

im not knocking houston but they should probably only host these events in places where they can actually sell out the arena and can liven up the festivities... this is dead

1 person likes this

ive noticed something... i think this happened last year too but during the performance when they where introducing the contestants for the dunk contest their was literally no applause... the players just stood their awkwardly.....

im not knocking houston but they should probably only host these events in places where they can actually sell out the arena and can liven up the festivities... this is dead

It's very close to being sold out but most of the seats that aren't taken up by friends of the players are corporate seats. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US, where do you think they should have it -- China?

The product sucks, I couldn't blame folks for not showing up....

Jumped over a kid and b/w the legs....Good dunk. Highlight for that ball boy, but man he came close to hitting him in the head.

lulz.

Shaq: "I'd vote for that last guy. I don't know his name.".....Ha, ha, ha.

well china would probably root louder than houston ;p but like if it was hosted in LA/ Miami/ NY/ BKN the people would go wild and be more into it... It feels like the people here got free tickets and just decided to show up b/c they had nothing better to do ... yeah its weak but atleast try and make the best of it .. yah know

bobcat games get more loud than this! and its empty

well china would probably root louder than houston ;p but like if it was hosted in LA/ Miami/ NY/ BKN the people would go wild and be more into it... It feels like the people here got free tickets and just decided to show up b/c they had nothing better to do ... yeah its weak but atleast try and make the best of it .. yah know

I don't know. I think you're dead wrong, but agree to disagree....

1 person likes this

The NBA should either get the elite talent to compete in this or not have a contest at all.

Last round was impressive though

it-s-over-o.gif

It gets worse every year.

Today was a big flop. All 4 events were blah. No excitement, the crowd was absolutely dead, and Nick Cannon as host was a mistake. Keep that guy on Nickelodeon, please.

At first I thought this field had potential, but for the large majority of people, who are casual fans, there just isn't any excitement for guys like Jeremy Evans and Terrence Ross. Most of the people in that arena probably didn't know who any of the contestants were.

But I still maintain that the dunk contest expired a few years ago. Even some of the impressive dunks today got blah responses from the crowd.

1 person likes this

It gets worse every year.

Today was a big flop. All 4 events were blah. No excitement, the crowd was absolutely dead, and Nick Cannon as host was a mistake. Keep that guy on Nickelodeon, please.

At first I thought this field had potential, but for the large majority of people, who are casual fans, there just isn't any excitement for guys like Jeremy Evans and Terrence Ross. Most of the people in that arena probably didn't know who any of the contestants were.

But I still maintain that the dunk contest expired a few years ago. Even some of the impressive dunks today got blah responses from the crowd.

There's only so much you can do with a dunk and unfortunately we have seen just about every possible dunk...its why player have to resort to gimmicks to win it these days.