Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schneid4279

Yahoo 2013 Pre-draft Rankings

73 posts in this topic

Quick glance to me are the first round picks from last year that have dropped in O-ranks this year due to injury hindered 2012s.

examples:

Jose Bautista

Justin Upton

Adrian Gonzalez

I have a feeling they'll move up in updated rankings before the season starts though.

Upton and AGonz have dropped for good reason.

not really.

I would still nab them as my 2nd and 3rd round picks any day.

1 person likes this

not really.

The plate discipline erosion and power decline from AGonz is startling. Just look at the BB% decline and O-Swing. And now he will move from a bandbox to a place that is historically pitcher friendly for a full season. WILL NOT TOUCH THIS YEAR.

Upton has historically had focus issues and is still young. I don't mind that gamble. The issues with Gonzalez are much deeper though and I won't be drafting him until he can show some discipline and power again.

1 person likes this

Keep in mind they update the ranks as spring training goes on. By the time your drafting all the hidden values will move up. Oh and whatever day you are drafting they will change it 1 day before. Happens every year haha.

1 person likes this

Remember last year, didn't Dee Gordon jump something like 50 spots on their O-ranks overnight. Yeah, that worked out well....

Remember last year, didn't Dee Gordon jump something like 50 spots on their O-ranks overnight. Yeah, that worked out well....

They also moved Kipnis up like 150 picks, and they got that one right. He was 100 below Ackley IIRC to start.

Wish they'd open their $ rooms already, Id chance an early draft in a league or two

Keep in mind they update the ranks as spring training goes on. By the time your drafting all the hidden values will move up. Oh and whatever day you are drafting they will change it 1 day before. Happens every year haha.

I have always re-ranked the field and saved it prior to my autodraft in my Yahoo! league. Now I'm glad I did, I was unaware they changed rankings at the last minute.

Thought this thread would be useful for anyone with upcoming drafts on Yahoo. I know it helped me last year. What are some good value targets that Yahoo has ranked low in their default rankings?

Josh Rutledge (204)

Shin-Soo Choo (79)

Paul Goldschmidt (43)

Brandon Phillips (63)

Pablo Sandoval (56)

not really.

The plate discipline erosion and power decline from AGonz is startling. Just look at the BB% decline and O-Swing. And now he will move from a bandbox to a place that is historically pitcher friendly for a full season. WILL NOT TOUCH THIS YEAR.

Upton has historically had focus issues and is still young. I don't mind that gamble. The issues with Gonzalez are much deeper though and I won't be drafting him until he can show some discipline and power again.

Disagree x1000 , both players will have great bounce back years, put that on the board.

not really.

Disagree x1000 , both players will have great bounce back years, put that on the board.

Wicked insight, you've convinced me!

Because he will miss one to max 2 months, Corey Hart is at #314.

As a result he also tends to be a leader in the Adds column of their Transition Trends daily bar graphs because most people (especially in public leagues) don't seem to discover him until after the draft is over. Also ...

#287 Jason Vargas

#341 Bobby Parnell

And whilst talking about Yahoo ... I just hope this year Yahoo improves on their Can't Cut list. It's been terrible, rarely changes and lags real life developments sometimes by months ... or forever ... whatever comes first. Think it was 2 seasons ago they didn't drop Carl Crawford from that list, who was basically out all freaking year, until late August. He's dead body caused by DL to overflow constantly in one league and handcuffed me all season long. Especially since there was another "Can't Cut" player who should have been taken off the list too.

Still wondering if they are going to update their draft rankings, so far they haven't at all since they came out other then to mvoe down the injured guys.

does yahoo still update their rankings the day before your draft/auction? regardless of when your draft/auction is, it seems.

does yahoo still update their rankings the day before your draft/auction? regardless of when your draft/auction is, it seems.

Haha I said that as a joke because it seems like that every year... I am guessing they do update it though in the next week or so which is probably just before the majority of drafts.

Chad Billingsley is going undrafted in many leagues. Ranked #334.

6-0 over his last 7 starts with 1.80 ERA and 1.02 WHIP.

Am I missing something here?

Bargain bin. Low rankings with potential payoffs ...

C - Ruiz, Doumit, Avila

1B - Berkman, Morneau, Hart, Teixiera

2B - Kendrick, Infante

3B - Frazier, Youkilis

SS - nobody I really liked. Maybe Avles but he's proven to be sucky.

OF - Saunders, Pierre, Ruggiano

SP - Fiers, Johan, the aforementioned Billingsley, Dempster, Diss Track Guy Trevor Bauer, Shelby Miller

RP - Parnell, Veras, Rondon

Some of these guys are going completely undrafted or in the closing rounds of snake.