Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octapuss

Jenrry Mejia 2013 Outlook

75 posts in this topic

Will he be able to claim a spot in the mets rotation? And put up some fantasy relevant numbers?

I'd expect the rotation to start the year to consist of Harvey, Niese, Marcum, Santana, and Gee. Santana and Gee defintiely aren't durable though and Mejia will more than likely force his way up before long. The Mets don't have the talent to compete in the NL East, so Mejia should get a long look this year.

when he was up as a releiver 2 years ago... or was it 3 years ago? ... he didn't impress me. was just a thrower. i can't see how he's gonna get through a big league lineup more thant twice ... that said, he had no business being in the major leagues at the time. stupid minaya/manuel regine.

his k/9 numbers at AAA last season were absolutely pathetic. i can't see him having any sort of sustained success at the MLB level. plus he's having VISA issues right now.

I will add him to the watch list because I don't feel comfortable drafting/rostering him in any format. He's shown nothing good at the big league level.

Unless Marcum or someone goes down real early in the season I have to agree that Wheeler will get the first shot.

Reporters at Citi Field said Jenrry Mejia will start Game 1 Friday in Washington.

Looks very good today and has the pedigree for continued success in this league. He has bone chips but hes getting that fixed in the off season.

I know the Nat's can't hit right now but his stuff is filthy today.

all that work down in the minors has made him more than just a thrower. Thats for sure
1 person likes this

Will this guy stick in the rotation?

Gota take a wait and see approach with that. Hell have a few more starts to prove himself and we have to see how Neise does coming back. However if Neise is healthy when he returns i dont see how he stays in the rotation

I'm trying to land a pitcher with my last spot on my fantasy team, so far looking at erasmo ramirez, Alex wood, and now mejia. Mejia looked impressive gotta admit.

7ks in 7ip and 14:2 GB ratio.

What in the world? That is a dominant start.

1 person likes this

I watched this game. this guy is real. throw 94-96 cutter. this is his real weapon. so so impressive. worth picking up.

7ks in 7ip and 14:2 GB ratio.

What in the world? That is a dominant start.

Very impressive.

The only thing that makes me not jump all over Mejia is.... 6 man rotation?

Jenrry Mejia blanked the Nationals for seven innings, striking out seven, to earn a win Friday in his 2013 debut. Advice: Mejia was very impressive, throwing 93-94 mph consistently and mixing in his slider and changeup. Not only did he go without a walk, but he got to three balls on just two of the 27 batters he faced. We wouldn't expect a whole lot of consistency from Mejia, but he's worth trying in NL-only leagues now. Manager Terry Collins indicated that the Mets will probably go to a six-man rotation to make room for him.

Last two years have been hampered by injury and/or unimpressive numbers, looks to me like a guy that it may have "clicked" for this season. In limited time in the minors his K rate was up and he was getting swings and misses often today. I worry about blow-up games in which he may lose his command. Not ready to count on him yet but hes intriguing. I will probably play matchups with him for a while

I'm not sure how much longer he'll pitch this. As previously mentioned, he's been injured the last couple of seasons. Plus i read he'll need minor surgery in the offseason to remove loose particles.

Still, i picked him up a couple of games ago because reports were that he looked mighty good and didn't disappoint today.