Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nbafan_123

Buy Low Sell High Thread.

13 posts in this topic

I know Hockey is not as popular here on Rotoworld, especially after the lockout, but I still think we should have this thread.

Here are a few Buy Low guys I can think of:

Perry

Weber

Doughty

Giroux

Ovi

Sell High:

Teddy Purcell

David Clarkson

Sheldon Souray

James Van Riemsdyk

Any other thoughts?

I know Hockey is not as popular here on Rotoworld, especially after the lockout, but I still think we should have this thread.

Here are a few Buy Low guys I can think of:

Perry

Weber

Doughty

Giroux

Ovi

Sell High:

Teddy Purcell

David Clarkson

Sheldon Souray

James Van Riemsdyk

Any other thoughts?

Purcell and Clarkson are legit. Clarkson may not keep his point pace up but he will score a bunch of goals, good PP numbers, tons of hits and Pims he is a keep. In a league that doesnt have hits Purcell is 100% worth holding onto. Look at his 2nd half last year he went crazy. He benefits from lots of good teammates. Sell on Souray cause well he is Sheldon Souray and usually gets hurt. As for JVR I love him, he needed to get out of Philly to thrive and he is. He was drafted 2nd overall for a reason!

Giroux is a good buy low as is Hartnell. Doughty is not at all the player people think he is in terms of fantasy, stay away from him. Weber is struggling without Suter so I would stay away from him too. Ovie is a 75-80 point player now he will never get back to the 90-110 people draft him as. Pay accordingly. Perry is not doing anything and the Ducks are playing well, his MVP year was the anomaly, he is a 75-80 point guy pay accordingly.

What about this one:

Send: H. Lundquist and N. Kadri

Recieve: T. Rask and K. Bieska

I'm a Devil fan and the potential trade partner drafted 70% Rangers.

I traded an injured Tarasenko for a healthy Jerome Iginla... Good buy low move? Or was I too impatient?

maxglider,

You definitely bought low. Iggy is moving past his prime, but arguably not far enough to be worth less than an unproven NHL rookie.

I think it's a sound deal. You traded risk/reward for a proven commodity. I could see myself doing something similar for the sake of consistency.

Time will tell.

What about this one:

Send: H. Lundquist and N. Kadri

Recieve: T. Rask and K. Bieska

I'm a Devil fan and the potential trade partner drafted 70% Rangers.

If its a keeper league, get Tuukka!