Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting In The Clutch

Francisco Lindor - SS CLE

I really don't get the hype for this kid. I saw him in person, and his tools did not impress. I see Erick Aybar upside with more plate discipline, and that's not all that exciting, IMO.

He is a little overhyped. He is going to be special defensively, but the bat has a ways to go. Could be Elvis Andrus with a better bat, which would be a pretty damn good player.

FWIW, a month into the season he's riding a six-game hit streak that has his slash line at .366/.427/.527 for a cool .949 OPS. He's already hit one more triple than he had all of last year.

The only thing he isn't doing is hitting lefties; he's got a pretty extreme platoon split going on with .407/.231.

From rotoworld:

"Indians promoted SS Francisco Lindor to Double-A Akron."

"As expected, Lindor was officially promoted after the Futures Game and will make his Double-A debut on Tuesday. He batted .306/.373/.410 with 20 steals in 373 plate appearances at High-A Carolina and should continue to move quickly through the Indians' minor league system."

When do you think we could see him? Sometime next year?

From rotoworld:

"As expected, Lindor was officially promoted after the Futures Game and will make his Double-A debut on Tuesday. He batted .306/.373/.410 with 20 steals in 373 plate appearances at High-A Carolina and should continue to move quickly through the Indians' minor league system."

June of next year

From rotoworld:

June of next year

Better real life prospect than a fantasy prospect. I don't think he will be fantasy relevant for a few years

Started off well at AA. 2-7 with 5 walks in his first 3 games. 3 Stolen Bases as well.

AA update: In 9 games played, 10 BB and 0 K's, and 5 sb to boot. As he gets older and stronger the power will come, and then, look out.

I think that's a fair comparison

He is a little overhyped. He is going to be special defensively, but the bat has a ways to go. Could be Elvis Andrus with a better bat, which would be a pretty damn good player.

This is bang on IMO. I agree.

I like the kid's game. He'll be a defensive gem but pretty damn good offensively as well. Not tons of power though, but good average, steals, hit near the top of the order get solid runs as well.

Low K's and .416 OBP at AA with 5 steals. Really liking his performance for a 19 year old at the AA level.

For the people that are skeptical about his power potential:

fred (cleveland): would you be surprised if Lindor hit 12+ homers a year in the majors?

Ben Badler: Not at all. He should be a 10-15 HR guy in his prime

- Prospect Hot Sheet Chat With Ben Badler

July 19, 2013 by Ben Badler

A shortstop that could hit .290+ with 10-15 homers and 30 steals? Not bad. Granted, it wouldn't be elite offensive production but still, that would work.

Not sure where that power projection is coming from. I get that he's only 19, but he's never flashed anything that would lead anyone to believe he could hit 15 HRs at the MLB level.

Been doing a lot of study on this guy recently. I'm starting to think he can post the following line in his prime:

BA - 310

OBP - 410

SLG - 450

HRs - 15

SBs - 30

Thoughts?

I would be willing to put a very sizable amount of money on Lindor never even approaching an .860 OPS let alone attaining it. He's the kind of guy who is going to put up a .750 to .770 OPS in his prime and still be very valuable because of his defense and base running. If he became an .860 OPS type of hitter he'd be putting up monster 6+ WAR seasons and he just doesn't have that type of ceiling.

The Indians have promoted shortstop prospect Francisco Lindor to Triple-A Columbus.

Lindor won't turn 21 until November, but he earned the promotion by batting .281/.356/.393 with six homers, 48 RBI and 25 steals while playing excellent defense at Double-A Akron. The top prospect should get a shot with the big club in September and could open next season as the Opening Day shortstop.

Source: August Fagerstrom on Twitter

Jul 21 - 10:45 PM

If A-Cab gets DL'd, does Lindor get the call ?

Asdrubal Cabrera left Monday's game against the Twins with lower back spasms.

The injury appeared to occur when Cabrera fielded a groundout in the bottom of the second inning. He was pinch-hit for in the top of the third. The Indians should provide an update on their shortstop after the game. Jul 21 - 9:29 PM

Source: Paul Hoynes on Twitter

highly doubt it. Not on the 40 man. Aviles will just play SS. Jose Ramirez and Justin Sellers are, if they want to bring up an extra MI.

highly doubt it. Not on the 40 man. Aviles will just play SS. Jose Ramirez and Justin Sellers are, if they want to bring up an extra MI.

Especially after they just promoted him to AAA. Maybe if it is a serious injury he could see some time later in the year, but at first he will get his at bats in AAA.

Curious if any opinions have changed on him since Clutch's original post a year or so ago.

I personally still believe he'll be much better in real life than fantasy, similar to Andrelton Simmons. Just don't see the power projection personally.

Lindor is one of the safest prospects in all of baseball IMO. He'll probably only get a cup of coffee this year, but he's basically a lock to be Cleveland's starting SS next year and will be able to stick at the position his whole career. He's flashed some power potential this season too with 6 HR in under 350 ABs, and he's only going to get stronger. I could definitely see him settling in as a .280/.350/.425 guy with about 10 HR and 25 SBs to go along with nice counting stats hitting in the top third of the lineup. That's extremely valuable production coming from SS for both fantasy and real life teams.

Lindor is one of the safest prospects in all of baseball IMO. He'll probably only get a cup of coffee this year, but he's basically a lock to be Cleveland's starting SS next year and will be able to stick at the position his whole career. He's flashed some power potential this season too with 6 HR in under 350 ABs, and he's only going to get stronger. I could definitely see him settling in as a .280/.350/.425 guy with about 10 HR and 25 SBs to go along with nice counting stats hitting in the top third of the lineup. That's extremely valuable production coming from SS for both fantasy and real life teams.

I agree. He has phenomenal plate discipline at just under 21. He should have no problem getting on base and stealing bases and scoring runs. As an owner of him in a dynasty all I'm hoping for is avg, SB, and R. Any power is icing on the cake. I wouldn't rule out him being a consistent top 10 SS. Probably won't ever be the top option but he'll be one you aren't afraid to start on a regular basis.

Curious if any opinions have changed on him since Clutch's original post a year or so ago.

I personally still believe he'll be much better in real life than fantasy, similar to Andrelton Simmons. Just don't see the power projection personally.

There is no reason to believe he can hit for a lot of power. However their is no reason to think he wont hit for any power either

Make any sense? He's still only 20. He doesn't have that big frame or HR stroke. But I'm not ready to say he cant hit 15 at the MLB in his prime....Yet

There is no reason to believe he can hit for a lot of power. However their is no reason to think he wont hit for any power either

Make any sense? He's still only 20. He doesn't have that big frame or HR stroke. But I'm not ready to say he cant hit 15 at the MLB in his prime....Yet

Speaking of power, Lindor went 2-3 with 2 HRs yesterday. Has only played 5 games at AAA so far, but he's hitting .333/.429/.722 right now. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Cleveland.

Cabrera traded. I wonder what this means for Lindor this year